Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577054 times)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Pred, if you can get the chance, please move that chest you left at the station in the northlands. You can just move it upstairs or something. I'm extending the rail further northward and your chest is blocking one of paths. :p
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
It's locked isn't it? Maybe qaz could remove it? I haven't had time to play MC in a long time...

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Heh, I logged in and promptly got myself stuck in someone's mob trap...
it happens sometimes...

* pecenipicek makes a cheesy grin :D
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Time to hold our horses. Apparantly 1.9 is out REAL soon and 1.10 also very soon. Are they pulling a Firefox? I'm playing 1.9 pre-release now,

Oh sure, just after I start getting into 1.8
Bullocks

Villagers now occupy NPC villages but do nothing but stare at you,

Oh great, oh fantastic, oh joy. What was already eerie enough just got worse
"No"

Offline Enzo03

Are they pulling a Firefox?
I just pissed myself laughing.

I've been considering joining this minecraft server but unfortunately with a new update just around each and every single corner I find myself hard-pressed to decide.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Time to hold our horses. Apparantly 1.9 is out REAL soon and 1.10 also very soon. Are they pulling a Firefox? I'm playing 1.9 pre-release now,

Oh sure, just after I start getting into 1.8
Bullocks

Villagers now occupy NPC villages but do nothing but stare at you,

Oh great, oh fantastic, oh joy. What was already eerie enough just got worse
What's worse is at the moment they all look like Bert in various colored straightjackets.

Offline Enzo03

All we need are ernies.

I saw a mod to remove the humongous nose and give them heads and faces similar in style to that of the player character, that is, a block for a head with some face (different faces for different people).
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Yeah I commented on that thread giving props to the OP, they look a lot better without the nose.

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
I'm curious, perhaps someone can answer this question for me...

Mojang has said the reason for the recent rate of updates has been a push to try and reach their release date (personally, I kinda hope it never gets officially finished.  The longer it's in beta, the more free updates I get ;) ).

1.8 was a major change to the way the game plays and was coded (look up the blog of dinnerbone, one of the main coders of the bukkit team, for an idea of just how big), and now 1.9 is rumored to be out soon with 1.10 also rumored to be dropped after that.

What I'm wondering, is why would someone hold off on jumping on a server because of this?  It's not like someone has to update to the latest version of the beta to keep playing.

There are many ways to play on servers that have not updated to the latest, and multiplayer servers don't suddenly stop working once a newer beta is released (unless you don't pay attention to the server admins who tell you not to update if you want to still play on the server).

So, why would someone want to 'hold off' on, well, doing anything with multiplayer minecraft just becasue a new update is rumored to be Out Any Day Now(tm)?
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Well I know why I hold out on legit multiplayer
I'm cheap that way and don't purchase unfinished products
"No"

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Server updated to 1.8.x
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Extended my rail line today. It now extends much further north.

FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline -Sara-

I'm curious, perhaps someone can answer this question for me...

Mojang has said the reason for the recent rate of updates has been a push to try and reach their release date (personally, I kinda hope it never gets officially finished.  The longer it's in beta, the more free updates I get ;) ).

1.8 was a major change to the way the game plays and was coded (look up the blog of dinnerbone, one of the main coders of the bukkit team, for an idea of just how big), and now 1.9 is rumored to be out soon with 1.10 also rumored to be dropped after that.

What I'm wondering, is why would someone hold off on jumping on a server because of this?  It's not like someone has to update to the latest version of the beta to keep playing.

There are many ways to play on servers that have not updated to the latest, and multiplayer servers don't suddenly stop working once a newer beta is released (unless you don't pay attention to the server admins who tell you not to update if you want to still play on the server).

So, why would someone want to 'hold off' on, well, doing anything with multiplayer minecraft just becasue a new update is rumored to be Out Any Day Now(tm)?

Inside joke. :) Qaz and RHX are very busy and sacrifice time to get 1.8 up. Then suddenly 1.9 is near. ;) meaning eventually updates again costing more precious time. Quite a few players loved to adventure and 1.8 breaks the boredom of routine a little. ;)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline watsisname

Finally got off my ass and built something in minecraft.
Impossible floating fortresses are fun. :)

Now I just need to make one BIGGER
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline -Sara-

Love how that moon alligns in the picture, watsisname. Gives me an idea. If they ever make a realistic sun and shadows I'm so building a stonehenge or sunclock.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Something myself and my myte cooked up a while ago. I forgot all about this world file

"No"

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
If they ever make a realistic sun and shadows I'm so building a stonehenge or sunclock.

they would be sooooooo cool
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I just built an ultra P-SMURF (YouTube it) in my basement. Using one stack of bonemeal, it produces about 3.5 stacks of seeds, 1.75 stacks of yellow flowers, and 1.25 stacks of roses in one minute. Grab me for a tour if you see me online.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken