Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576204 times)

Offline -Sara-

The vacation resort SHROOM VILLE has made it's uber-cute-abode's available!

Now offering tiny houses with each an itsy bitsy living room, one bed each and per home achest for private storageSHROOM VILLE is the place to be when you wish to live central between the Fenris project and magnificent buildings such as Shade's mansion, Pred's castle and other venues. Lit with cosy torchlight, yet a safe enough amount to keep nasties out, SHROOM VILLE is the place to be when starting on the server or when wanting a storage house for your hard earned possessions you just can't store at home! Completely with a boat dock & observatory and the little public library & lookout, SHROOM VILLE is the cutest place to be. Just make sure to not fall into the town well: it is said slippery, slimey, sludgy algae make it hard to swim back up! SHROOM VILLE may well expand in the near future with a fully stocked, yet snug bistro, an adorable lumbermill a smallesque smithy, a super-duper storehouse and several more houses!

Reserve a second home in SHROOM VILLE today!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:52:55 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
That looks really nice! Minecraft finally has a sort of instant housing.

Offline -Sara-

Mushrooms and under it the new stone brick with vines all over it. Not an NPC village though.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Very nearly finshed the plugin, the actual creation/removal of the pulses works perfectly, the only problem is that it's fine so long as the server doesn't have to be reset. You cannot save blocks as-is, so you have to store their location, and then recollect the blocks from the world object when the plugin is restarted. This may take a little bit of re-writing to do, but shouldn't take too long with luck :)

I think... after finally reading through the thread... that I would like to join your server, sirs. Look for me soon, name of "earmite"

Are there any mods or anything I'll need to install client-side to join qaz' server?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:18:06 pm by Scourge of Ages »

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
I think... after finally reading through the thread... that I would like to join your server, sirs. Look for me soon, name of "earmite"

Are there any mods or anything I'll need to install client-side to join qaz' server?
if you have bought the game you can join qaz's server

if you arrr'd it, you can join mine.

as for client-side mods, nope, both servers are vanilla-compatible afaik.

Also, i reccomend using the spoutcraft launcher, regardless of the server you play on.

Very nearly finshed the plugin, the actual creation/removal of the pulses works perfectly, the only problem is that it's fine so long as the server doesn't have to be reset. You cannot save blocks as-is, so you have to store their location, and then recollect the blocks from the world object when the plugin is restarted. This may take a little bit of re-writing to do, but shouldn't take too long with luck :)
cant wait to start testings :D

In other news, i finished retooling our server (the pc itself), so now, we shouldnt get those horrible horrible hangs and server deaths anytime soon.
Also, map has been moved to http://minecraft.egzodus.com/map , in preparation of us finally getting a proper webpage for our server.

Also, dynmap is going over apache now, so dynmap being online/offline is no longer  a valid indication of server status :p

it should also load up a smidge faster, i've switched it over from using png's to using jpg's. its re-rendering all the tiles out now, so we'll see how it behaves.

and i'm going to sleep.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:18:55 pm by pecenipicek »
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Well, I finally found myself with no lag, and spent the entire night working with Kyad on the Fenris. Along with help from Hades, IronBeer, and pretty much everyone else on the server, we made a lot of progress! The thing is, all the dimensions of what had already been made were wrong, so we basically had to start from scratch in some ways, but with the help of creative mode courtesy of qaz, we were able to complete nearly half the structural framework in a single night. :) I'll leave the screenshots for the others to post. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Qaz, Kyad, and mine's current current project:

Mesa hub building; also where the warp is set. Will branch off to as many bridges as needed to connect to the other mesas/mountains

Picture of the Brotel and the bridges. Isn't fully complete yet, only about halfway, and I still need to finish the area around the Brotel itself. Also in the bottom left-ish corner is a water purifier or w/e.

Backside of the Brotel.

If anyone wants the texture pack I use, you can get it here. You will need the HD patch, though.

Well, I finally found myself with no lag, and spent the entire night working with Kyad on the Fenris. Along with help from Hades, IronBeer, and pretty much everyone else on the server, we made a lot of progress! The thing is, all the dimensions of what had already been made were wrong, so we basically had to start from scratch in some ways, but with the help of creative mode courtesy of qaz, we were able to complete nearly half the structural framework in a single night. :) I'll leave the screenshots for the others to post. :D
You guys did real good with rebuilding the frame work, it looks tons better. Can't wait for you guys to finish the hull so I can start detailing :>
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:17:59 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Oh Crap! what happened to the Fenris!?!

For those of you who freaked out... sorry?
For those who like the new structure, thank everyone who was on the server this evening, as everyone who logged on spent a good amount of time getting the job done. This time around we are following Sandwich's blueprints to the le... er... pixel!
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Also, map has been moved to http://minecraft.egzodus.com/map , in preparation of us finally getting a proper webpage for our server.

I swear, that section on the bottom right was not me

That, and it would appear I didn't go far enough North. I'm not as excluded as I thought I was
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Does dynmap still work for rhyxes server?

Trying ot find a nice location, far from anyone, is far easier with a map like that.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Does dynmap still work for rhyxes server?

Trying ot find a nice location, far from anyone, is far easier with a map like that.
Not that I know of... :(

EDIT: Please don't anyone fill in any of the level outlines on the Fenris - levels != decks!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:09:31 am by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Why hte hell was the Fernis destroyed?

Offline -Sara-

Who in the world started altering the looks of Fenris station? O_O. The brick looks cool, but some person replaced cobble after a lack of brick with WOOD, also right next to the incinerator! Some of those blocks burned already. By sheer luck the wood blocks didn't have a chain-reaction or the fire could have spread to the chests, the tree-farm, everything... replacing the wood now before it all burns to kingdom come.. atleast chests can't burn anymore or catastrophe could have happened.

Was it one of the newbies or did someone not have their midnight coffee when doing that?  :no:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:40:23 am by -Sara- »

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Because it doesn't match up to the layer-by-layer plans that Sandwich produced by rendering cross-sections of the actual in-game model.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline -Sara-

Because it doesn't match up to the layer-by-layer plans that Sandwich produced by rendering cross-sections of the actual in-game model.

In short, if it had been finished the way it went it would forever have caused a "Hrmm, somethings off" feeling.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I didn't know we wad an internal layout...external look - yes. Internal? That's news to me.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I didn't know we wad an internal layout...external look - yes. Internal? That's news to me.

The plans I produced were cross-sections of the external hull only at 4-meter intervals, so no, we don't have plans of the internal layout (we do have plans for the internal layout - ideas that we want to implement - but that's irrelevant).

The Fenris as it was wasn't done according to the plans. I asked rhx/qaz a while back to make some gross adjustments to the entire thing with WorldEdit, but their tools haven't been updated to 1.8 yet and so they weren't comfortable with the idea.

Last night after I (successfully, finally) logged on, I was put into creative mode for something, and while I had it enabled, I decided to work on the Fenris. That started a land-slide - I hadn't planned on being able to get much done as just one person, but soon everyone on the server was helping out. We realized as we went along fixing the Fenris's level layouts that there were far larger mistakes than a few blocks, and so we tore the whole thing down as we were constructing the new one.

The old one, while flawed, was awesome, and whoever put in work towards that should be proud - I am. It truly gave a sense of scale - the new one will merely be an accurate version of that. :)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken