Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577349 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
For those who haven't been keeping up, both Optifine and Zan's Minimap have been updated to 1.8.1. Enjoy.
An alternative is Rei's Minimap, it used to have a cavemapping feature like Zan's but was removed a while back, and doesn't have the waypoint scaling between the Overworld and Nether (They only appear in the dimension they're placed in), but the minimap itself looks much better while at the same time draining literally zero resources from the game, so there's no frame loss at all. If you're not concerned about getting lost in caves or being in the Nether too much and have problems with framerate, this'll help.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Cave mapping is useless in Zan's, don't use nether waypoints, and yes Rei's looks nicer... I have Zan's back for all of 2 hours and I'm ready to convert.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline watsisname

Pathetic minecrafters!  While you waste your lives punching trees and digging holes, I have sought out the unobtainable!
Behold, for I have captured your heavenly square, your pixelated God, your brilliant Sun!  Mwahahahaha!

In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
INCONCEIVABLE!
"No"

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Pathetic minecrafters!  While you waste your lives punching trees and digging holes, I have sought out the unobtainable!
Behold, for I have captured your heavenly square, your pixelated God, your brilliant Sun!  Mwahahahaha!

INCONCEIVABLE!

Na, It's cool, he can have the sun...      *turns on permanight in optifine*
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:03:00 am by KyadCK »

Offline -Sara-

Kyad, you're not a server moderator and neither are you a project foreman. Please try to cut down on the chiefing behaviour. Next time I'll not warn others about the dangerS of wood and let 'your' station burn down, unintervened just the way you like it.

I'll be retracting my donations to Fenris station later today to support others with a more humane and friendly attitude, or I'll donate the things I gathered to Sandwich, he seems to be a reasonable and generous guy. He can decide how much goes to Fenris and how much he uses for himself, I think he's the one who started the project up and can decide best.

Stop being such a misanthrope Kyad, it doesn't gain you any favours. I remember you ranting about how someone didn't put things in a loot chest orderly some time ago while that person spent (an) hour(s) gathering that loot from the mobgrinder and put them in the station loot chest generously. I really hope you'll learn to show some gratitude when people try to do something thoughtful or well intended in the future. It'd make you a far more likable person and people will be more prone to help you.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
All right you two, break it up... Sara, Kyad and I were being both project foremen and chief laborers for the past 2 days of reworking the Fenris - everything except for demolitions team. Nobody named anything like official positions anyway... everyone simply contributes what they can, when they can.

Ever since Kyad, Hades, and myself were put into creative mode a few days ago for a separate project, we've been putting time into building the Fenris, requiring no resources from anywhere. Since creative is now official, I don't have any problem with continuing to use it to do the majority of the hull work - it's made the near-impossible easy. Resources are still welcome and will likely be needed for hull details and internals, but for now, if anyone needs what they contributed, go ahead and take it back.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
hmm.....creative mode. Man, I could use me some of that!.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline -Sara-

Many could! It'd be handy for my floating island project. :nod: It seems a lot of gold blocks and diamond blocks though too have been put up in the Mesa-project and being a fun-project that's fine and awesome (I may help out a bit with it too). But maybe it's a good idea to keep the mesa an exception with the use of rare blocks and keep some checklist on blocks we can and can't use to:

1) Not make all rare blocks players collected worthless.
2) Stick to RHX's earlier statement of this being an adventure server where you work for the more rare achievements and resources. It'd make mining and hunting useless and obsolete if it's a-okay to put gold, diamond, glowstone, lapis etc into each excisting and future project other than the Fenris and Mesa.

@Sandwich: I were more talking about Kyad having stept on a lot of toes with chief-like behaviour before the past 2 days, it's not been nice when you try to help and it's said before. Anyway, I'm dropping the issue as I don't want to drag this any further ingame, but I'm trying to say I cannot work with someone who at times shows such rude work-ethics. I only took the food I donated, the rest I'll mine, sheer or harvest again. I realize there's more people working on the Fenris and I don't want to disadvantage them.

@watsisname: If only glass worked like a lense. You could make an uber mobtrap of that sphere. :P

TIP: Using vines. I see a lot of people are having fun with vines on their houses etc, me included. But most aren't aware vines grow, haha! And not just down but also sideways, which in turn also grown down and again sideways. If you intent to have a single drape of vines on your wall, be aware that it may cover the ENTIRE wall and all annexed walls also. :lol:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:39:53 am by -Sara- »

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Diamond? Gold? Bleh.

Worthless to me. Stone and wool is what I need.  And dyes.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
No, see, you don't get to take a shot at someone and call it a day, the other person gets a shot back, though I'll drop it at this too.

Kyad, you're not a server moderator and neither are you a project foreman. Please try to cut down on the chiefing behaviour. Next time I'll not warn others about the dangerS of wood and let 'your' station burn down, unintervened just the way you like it.

I'll be retracting my donations to Fenris station later today to support others with a more humane and friendly attitude, or I'll donate the things I gathered to Sandwich, he seems to be a reasonable and generous guy. He can decide how much goes to Fenris and how much he uses for himself, I think he's the one who started the project up and can decide best.

Stop being such a misanthrope Kyad, it doesn't gain you any favours. I remember you ranting about how someone didn't put things in a loot chest orderly some time ago while that person spent (an) hour(s) gathering that loot from the mobgrinder and put them in the station loot chest generously. I really hope you'll learn to show some gratitude when people try to do something thoughtful or well intended in the future. It'd make you a far more likable person and people will be more prone to help you.

During the time that ONLY funtapaz and I were working on fenris... Yes, I was the project foreman. If not me, then who? Please, you have one choice. (I'll give you a hint: the only other person working on the fenris). Before me it was Trashman, and before him it was Sandwich, who is now the project foreman again.

Yes, I am thankfull you took away all the wood before it burned, but it shouldn't have needed to be done in the first place (hence my post to leave the station alone), and the post here is more then enough to let everyone know. A locked sign is just annoying. What is the person gunna do, remove it and build with wood again?

And honestly, what donations? You started the server's horrible habit of leaching resources from fenris station, which is why all the 'important' resource chests are now locked down with only 4 people knowing the password. People I know wont take resources and just call it 'skimming'. (do you know how much skimming adds up when you factor in 10+ people? no?). You have how many more resources then everyone else? You wanted to start harvesting resources from the fenris site! A place whose resources are going to, go figure, the construction of the fenris. And how much were you going to share with the fenris when you were done? You don't contribute to the fenris in any way that I've seen aside from: A) a BOMB outside fenris disguised as cake, B) a BOMB IN fenris, C) replacing the TNT you took/got from the grinder, D) put up a sign saying its ok to steal from the fenris TNT chest, and E) moving all important resources to an unknown location instead of locking them. You call this GOOD work ethics? You tried to kill people working on the project and write it off as a joke.

You tell me to 'lighten up' but looking at that list... I don't see a very good reason to do so.

And you're right, I may have annoyed Hades by telling him 'no, we are not changing the whole fenris to stone bricks/light grey wool' (and some other people for some similar requests, you know, considering they were doing nothing for the project nor would they do the request themselves). Well guess what, Sandwich said no too. It was a stupid idea considering the scale of the project. We did however agree he can do all the decal work since he would honestly be best at the task.

And lastly the part I bolded for you. Why is it generous of them to give fenris stations resources to fenris? The grinder wasn't made for them. It is not theirs. It is not yours. It is not mine. It is there to provide fenris station with bonemeal and gunpowder. So... in essence, anyone who spent an hour collecting and NOT put the resources in that nice box was stealing. (again, a bad habit you started that everyone else is now following).

[/Rant] [/argument]

Anyway, for those who haven't seen sandwich's house recently, he added a very cool path down into the cave.

EDIT: the beach in front of fenris is also now clean:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:13:34 pm by KyadCK »

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
My god people, it's just a ship being built on a Minecraft server which might I add is a game
Stop with all this drama

Looks cool though
"No"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Don't invest too much in the Fenris basestation's appearance; I fully plan on creating a completely different facility for embarking on the minecart tours, with all sorts of tidbits of stats about the ship on signs, etc. :) In my mind, everything connected with the base station may and probably will be razed.

But that's just me. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Hey BlueFlames, you should check out this video on underwater roads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jLC-H9JB8

That's pretty neat, and gives me an idea for competitive submarine warfare in Minecraft.  Line the bottom of a two/three-meter-deep lake with half-blocks for your arena.  Then, put a dude in a boat at the bottom to act as the submarine and a team of two or three people in boats on the surface to act as destroyers.  The destroyer team is armed with bows (since arrows lose all their speed, but not their lethality upon hitting water), and the submarine has a pick.  If a destroyer's boat is destroyed, that player is out.  If the submarine player is killed, the destroyers win, and if the destroyers all lose their boats, the submarine wins.

I think I have a new project, for when I replace my mouse and can invest some time on the server.

This idea hasn't been forgottten.

I've traced an outline for the arena/stadium, and I've begun to excavate the "small" hills inside the outline.  I'll probably start with a small pool to make sure I can make the underwater road system work properly, and then expand it to a size appropriate for competition.  I'm going to have to figure out the seating system too....  I think that there will be normal stadium seating above the surface, and box seats, watching the underwater part of the arena through glass.

This is going to be a time-consuming project.

Offline -Sara-

I'd drop it if you didn't start lying. I'll clear it up now so I won't have to talk about it again. I donated dozens of stacks of redstone, a lot of wool (3 stacks yesterday), tools, swords, armour, cobble, sand, dirt, coal and mobloot to the fenris. If I took TNT I replaced it and often returned more than I took, never less. The sign I put up was because someone else took a lot of TNT, a sign to protect 'your' TNT. It said to leave the top 9 stacks. There were often not even 9 stacks in the chest. Whenever I collected gunpowder from the PUBLIC mob grinder, I gave 50% to the Fenris: a moral code I always keep high. I always give tribute after using a facility. Trashman and others can testify I did work on Fenris more than once as well.

For the TNT cake and TARDIS house, obvious friendly gests between me and others. Nothing got damaged, nobody was assassinated or unwittingly killed, don't be ridiculous. Just about everyone on the server knows who I am and what I do for them. That I always make time for someone when asked to help with or check out some place and that I have spent days mining iron, sheering sheep or making tools for others when they asked for it. I even gave you 200 or so iron of which you made tools for the 10K outpost if I recall correctly. Today I spent an hour or so again helping DarkRevenantX who lost his gear in a wall and I helped Trashman together with Lixquid by giving him items to start building a new castle complex in open space. Inflating events way out of proportion, twisting facts and lying about what I do on the server, very unfair and you know it. Sorry Sandwich and others, but if someone lies about me I defend myself, I said all I have to, I won't continue on the subject further.

Onto much more cheerful topics, I'm back at building the island, a project for the server where there'll be the long promised storage house so that public resources are taken from one place and no-where else. It will have stands with free tools, useful items and foodstuffs so people can replenish their hunger and equipment. In 1.9 it will probably also offer potions and far more rare items through a trust-the-customer method of asking gold nuggets or ingots for more rare items. Through a large stock of chest-carts money can be paid and will be saved in a storage where shopowners can claim it later. There'll be housing for every server member, which can be reached through a central warp point, so that nobody has to /homeset. The cave right now is shaped, it will be built into tomorrow.

Any suggestions are more than welcome. PM them or reply in this thread if you wish. :) I'm considering a several-level wild west building style on the insides. A bit of LOTR Rivendell meets Moria, but more cheerful. Some important points that can use some reflecting:

• What kind of shops do you want? Convenience, rare items, food, wool and dye?
  • How big should housing be, what functional items should be in it? A chest and a bed for sure. But should I keep the furnaces and crafting tables in a central workshop?
  • Should there be farms for replenishable items and if yes, which?
  • Would you like a Nether Portal in the centre?
  • Should houses stick out of the island to give it a steam-punky and fantasy look, or should it look like an untouched, idyllic floating island from the outside?
  • Do you want an arena or other places of entertainment inside or perhaps on the island, or are those unnescesary?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:07:07 pm by -Sara- »

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
What kind of shops do you want? Convenience, rare items, food, wool and dye?
Any kinds we can fit, really. It'd be cool and useful to have.

How big should housing be, what functional items should be in it? A chest and a bed for sure. But should I keep the furnaces and crafting tables in a central workshop
I think housing should be big enough to hold a bed, maybe a chest or two, a bookshelf (for aesthetics). Might be best to keep furnaces in seperate houses because other people might steal from furnaces if they're all in one area.

Should there be farms for replenishable items and if yes, which?
I don't know much about farming, but sugar cane, wheat, and watermelons for sure.

Would you like a Nether Portal in the centre?
Possibly, but I imagine it'd be a waste since more people would probably use /warps.

Should houses stick out of the island to give it a steam-punky and fantasy look, or should it look like an untouched, idyllic floating island from the outside?
Dunno. they both sound like fairly cool ways to go about it. I'm leaning towards the former.

Do you want an arena or other places of entertainment inside or perhaps on the island, or are those unnescesary?
They may be unnecessary, but they could be pretty neat. Depends on if there's room.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:28:47 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline -Sara-

So a private furnace behind locked door for each. Portal was more as not having to pull a fugly track through the free floating island. That's sort of taking away the definition free floating, but warp does suffice. Maybe a no-hallway, bedroom, crafting/living room and balcony per houses and yes definately decoration. An arena or cattle breeding farm (1.9!) could also be on the surface of the island.

An additional few ideas are cacti farms and tree farms, a slow-paced mob grinder (moving dungeon spawners to a room in the island), a cargo minecart track (maybe Qaz wants to build another!) for mail/item delivery, :P an archery range and message board with signs.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I'd drop it if you didn't start lying. I'll clear it up now so I won't have to talk about it again. I donated dozens of stacks of redstone, a lot of wool (3 stacks yesterday), tools, swords, armour, cobble, sand, dirt, coal and mobloot to the fenris. If I took TNT I replaced it and often returned more than I took, never less. The sign I put up was because someone else took a lot of TNT, a sign to protect 'your' TNT. It said to leave the top 9 stacks. There were often not even 9 stacks in the chest. Whenever I collected gunpowder from the PUBLIC mob grinder, I gave 50% to the Fenris: a moral code I always keep high. I always give tribute after using a facility. Trashman and others can testify I did work on Fenris more than once as well.

For the TNT cake and TARDIS house, obvious friendly gests between me and others. Nothing got damaged, nobody was assassinated or unwittingly killed, don't be ridiculous. Just about everyone on the server knows who I am and what I do for them. That I always make time for someone when asked to help with or check out some place and that I have spent days mining iron, sheering sheep or making tools for others when they asked for it. I even gave you 200 or so iron of which you made tools for the 10K outpost if I recall correctly. Today I spent an hour or so again helping DarkRevenantX who lost his gear in a wall and I helped Trashman together with Lixquid by giving him items to start building a new castle complex in open space. Inflating events way out of proportion, twisting facts and lying about what I do on the server, very unfair and you know it. Sorry Sandwich and others, but if someone lies about me I defend myself, I said all I have to, I won't continue on the subject further.

Sorry I didnt know you donated so much, I stand corrected. Still, only cobble, coal, and wool can even think about being counted tword fenris, the rest is useless and doesnt even belong there.

You are still missing the point, NO tnt should have been taken. Ever. It is fenris tnt. Due to this fact, the sign 'protected' nothing. It just said 'Here! Take some!'.

And now you are making stuff up. It is the fenris grinder. It was NEVER ment for anyone and everyone to skim, it was again, made to provide fenris with gunpowder and bonemeal. Where the hell did you get this idea it was for everyone? Stop making crap up to justify the hours upon hours you've spent there, leeching resources, and however much time others have. It became accepted to everyone as a public grinder because of your crap, which should not have happened in the first place.

That 200ish iron was from the 10k mines... you mined it after I showed you how cool a mine we had there. As I recall, you kept the diamonds (which I remember telling you to). Either way, irrelevent to fenris.

But why? Qaz would have replaced his things, or even me since I have crative and could do it quickly. He didn't lose them to doing something stupid, he lost it due to a game bug, replacing it in this way would have been fine. That was done out of the good of your heart. Good for you. Also irrelevent.

As for lying... I still havent. To the rest of the server you are great, you make awesome things, you help people, I have not said otherwise. But you think you own fenris station. You think you have a right to the resources (those that are not yours) that are there. And you think you can tell the only people working there they are not in charge, reguardless of how much time you have actually put into it yourself.

So ya... I guess you could say I've been a tad over protective of fenris station, that perhaps I could be nicer here and there... but I'm also just a tad sick of you thinking you have any more right to the station then me, funtapaz, sandwich, or anyone else that actualy does the work, and you thinking the resources are actualy just there for you and others to 'barrow'. They are not. It is as simple as that.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
And now you are making stuff up. It is the fenris grinder. It was NEVER ment for anyone and everyone to skim, it was again, made to provide fenris with gunpowder and bonemeal. Where the hell did you get this idea it was for everyone? Stop making crap up to justify the hours upon hours you've spent there, leeching resources, and however much time others have. It became accepted to everyone as a public grinder because of your crap, which should not have happened in the first place.
soru but qazwsx has told me SEVERAL times that the mob grinder is public, not just for the Fenris. and sara hasn't used it anymore than anyone else, like corpse or trashman
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
soru but qazwsx has told me SEVERAL times that the mob grinder is public, not just for the Fenris. and sara hasn't used it anymore than anyone else, like corpse or trashman

It became accepted to everyone as a public grinder because of your crap, which should not have happened in the first place.

Waaaay back (before you joined the server, or had an MC account) when fenris station was being built and the fenris hadn't even been started (about the time the grinder was under construction), this was not the case. It was made for the sole purpose of cranking out gunpowder for tnt to clear that huge hole in the ground.