Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577179 times)

Offline -Sara-

Let's drop it altogether? What's done is done, what's said is said.

Anyway, by tomorrow the basics for the island should be done. Detailing will happen the following days.

Tip: Somewhere around the floating island a treasure is buried deep below holding an ancient map of many secrets. ;)

Question: Anyone got any good street names? :D
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
1st street, 2nd street, 3rd street etc
Kidding

My idea would be to name streets according to what seems to be the theme they revolve around (if there's a lot of Aspens in the area, name it Aspen Road, Boulevard, or whatever). That is of course, if I understand what it is you're asking for
"No"

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I think I might have to merge this and the Fenris thread back together and start a seperate Minecraft thread for non-Fenris stuff, seeing as the two seem to be interchangable at the moment.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Well, the Fenris thread is (supposed to be) more for planning and stuff that doesn't need to clutter up a general thread. The argument over the Fenris station should have been in the other thread, but the posts had both the arguments, and other content that is relevant to this thread. *sigh* Split posts option, anyone?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, yes, I talked about it earlier but never got round to it, so it's partially my own fault :)

I'll look at it early next week, still recovering from my Birthday at the moment :D

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

From pecenipicek's server. My connecting tunnel from one island to the other
"No"

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Well, the Fenris thread is (supposed to be) more for planning and stuff that doesn't need to clutter up a general thread. The argument over the Fenris station should have been in the other thread, but the posts had both the arguments, and other content that is relevant to this thread. *sigh* Split posts option, anyone?
I would say no, don't split it.  The main subject of the last debate was centered around the fenris station, but wasn't really about planning and does apply to general server subjects as well.  All IMO of course.
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
My concern is that the two threads seem to be more or less serving the same purpose, to the point where shots from one thread are being cross-posted on the other. It needs either a split or a merge really, but I'm not sure which one would be the best for everyone involved.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
The Fenris thread is being used (more so lately) for the actual planning and revision of the fenris. This thread is already so heavy with images I figured it would be better to post them in the fenris thread for a while. Reason for the linking is not everyone watches the fenris thread (anyone not from the server, people who don't play MC, etc). If it's a concern i'll just post them here from now on.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It's not really a problem as such, it just seems a bit redundant is all. If everyone who is actually working on the Fenris is happy with knowing which posts go where, that's fine :)

I suppose it just seems to me it would be easier if the Fenris thread worked in a similar fashion to the time that we sent Carl the Shivan round the place and got photos in various locations, everything was dealt with in that one thread, pictures AND problems, and then a seperate thread was made for the results. To be honest, if I can think of a good excuse not to have to go through the thread splitting stuff, all the better in my eyes, so as long as everyone's happy, I'll leave it as it sits ;)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken