Author Topic: [RE-RELEASE] What If: Another Great War - Classic Remastered Edition  (Read 7499 times)

Re: [RE-RELEASE] What If: Another Great War - Classic Remastered Edition
Well just for the files one can go to https://fsnebula.org/mod/whatif

Am I the only one still playing this?  I keep getting a crash on start-up while playing through Knossos.

Log.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Log.

That looks familiar ... stand by while I dl

EDIT: It might be something I came across in FS-Port in Febuary and should be fixed there. As this doesn't use a FS-Port dependency, I think it might have been copied over whenever the weapons.tbl was put together.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 03:13:59 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Confirmed - the weapons.tbl-entry for "Vasudan Flux Cannon" contains a typo (and additional period turning "0.15" into "0.1.5")

Should be a quick fix for someone with the access to make the edit. Fixed version below:

Code: [Select]
$Name: Vasudan Flux Cannon
$Alt Name: XSTR("Vasudan Flux Cannon", -1)
$Model File: Tsunami.pof
$Mass: 10.0
$Velocity: 90.0
$Fire Wait: 4.0
$Damage: 500 ;; damage applied when within inner radius
$Blast Force: 0.2
$Inner Radius: 20.0 ;; radius at which damage is full (0 for impact only)
$Outer Radius: 40.0 ;; max radius for attenuated damage
$Shockwave Speed: 0 ;; velocity of shockwave. 0 for none.
$Armor Factor: 1.0
$Shield Factor: 0.1
$Subsystem Factor: 1.0
$Lifetime: 25.0
$Energy Consumed: 0.0 ;; Energy used when fired
$Cargo Size: 1.0 ;; Amount of space taken up in weapon cargo
$Homing: YES
+Type: ASPECT
+Turn Time: 1.0
+Min Lock Time: 2.0
+Lock Pixels/Sec: 70
+Catch-up Pixels/Sec: 100
+Catch-up Penalty: 30
$LaunchSnd: 102 ;; The sound it makes when fired
$ImpactSnd: 88 ;; The sound it makes when it hits something
$FlyBySnd: -1
$Rearm Rate: 4.0 ;; number of missiles/sec that are rearmed
$Flags: ( "Big Ship" "Huge" ) ;;
$Trail: ;; Trail cannot be set if Exhaust is set
    +Start Width: 0.25 ;; Width of trail nearest missile
    +End Width: 0.15 ;; Width of trail before it "evaporates"
    +Start Alpha: 1.0
    +End Alpha: 0.0
    +Max Life: 1.5 ;; how many seconds before trail disappears
    +Bitmap: MissileTrail02 ;; Bitmap used to draw trail
$Icon: icon_tsunami
$Anim: tsunami
$Impact Explosion: ExpMissileHit1
$Impact Explosion Radius: 20.0
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

In Avenging Angels, how do I complete the mission properly?  Everytime I play, even with time compression, nothing happens until the Yorkshire's hull hits 5%, at which point it leaves even if disabled. Then another squad relieves me, which does not happen if the Yorkshire isn't reduced to 5%.  Afterwards, the briefing gives me a conflicting message that I succeeded and that I failed. Also,  thing that is really weird is Freespace 1 captions with Freespace 2 voices.  Like, an enemy wing will come in and  Command's caption will say "Enemy Wing Just arrived" but the voice is "Incoming Jump Signature! Hostile Configuration!"   Same goes for squadmate responses

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
In Avenging Angels, how do I complete the mission properly?  Everytime I play, even with time compression, nothing happens until the Yorkshire's hull hits 5%, at which point it leaves even if disabled.

Actually it should be enough to disable the Valhalla aswell Yorkshire. All other goals like the Senenmut in the mission are secondary only and are only mandatory for the medal.

Seems that this is way too outdated again, so i have to take a look into all missions if i have time  :doubt:
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Great to hear you're back at it.  You should probably update this and all your other mods to the latest MVP while you're at it.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems