Author Topic: Confusion ensues!  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
I've been browsing that sticky up at the top for awhile now, but I still can't figure out which ships aren't in the current 3.6.8 Zetas.  Anyone care to give me a quick rundown of what IS in the current build? There are probably a million of these threads, but I'm sure it wouldn't help to quickly answer another one.  :p

Thanks!

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
You've got nearly all but (search for them in this forum):
+ HTL Elyssium
+ HTL Zeus
+ HTL Ravana (be careful it's quite buggy. I wouldn't use it if I were you).
+ HTL for terran gun platforms
+ HTL for countermeasure.

Also. Some of ships have env full mirror effects. You can find some fixed versions by Vasudan Admiral here. But unless you find them really bad and unless you DO know how to manage them, I wouldn't update them either.

(And also some models have a small bug with turrets. Release builds don't complain about them).

Just update the very first models and wait till vp 3.6.9.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
Thank you, ARSPR.  Now I'm all up to date. :D

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Or you can just wait for DaBrain to release the newest media Vp set which should be up to date.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Seriously... they look better.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."