Author Topic: HTL Typhon  (Read 18558 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Things like the Hatshepsut don't seem to have nearly as many windows - just cooking up a new texture for the hull with less windows/meter would work well. 
Lol, quoting myself because i don't want to type those ships again, it goes past window messes, the windows on the mentioned ships are also pretty organized and conform to the design they're on as well.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
release, release, release !

I would, but I can't get the friggin LOD's to work!

Does anyone have a clue as to how to get around this stupid "Stock Overflow : Too many polygons in hte same average location" thingy?
I tried moving hte lower lvl lods around but so far it aint working...

@S-99
to what windows are you refering to? The ones on the brownish texture of the bluish ones?

Stock Typhon textures suck big time. No matter how you tile them or rotate, stretch, UV map them, something allways looks wrong (or out of place). It was a nightmare getting it in the shape it is now...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Stock Typhon textures suck big time. No matter how you tile them or rotate, stretch, UV map them, something allways looks wrong (or out of place). It was a nightmare getting it in the shape it is now...

This is a job for...... freespaceking!!  :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Give him a break dude, he's already texturing the Demon, and just about every ship in Inferno. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline neoterran

He just finished the encedalus.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
so does anyone have a clue how to get around that error or will you settle with a 1 LOD version for DL?

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I'm talking about all the white glowing windows on the typhon. They're a mess, they have no conformity to the shape of the ship at all, and in this manner they make no sense. There's plenty of the white glowing windows being cut off by a different part of the texture, or another white glowing window will be wrapped around to the other side of the ship if there's a white glowing window that was near an edge of the ship.

On other ships where's theres windows, it's obviously the bridge, a viewing station, or some some other room, the typhon is horrible with it's white glowing window placement. With other ships i'm saying the white glowing windows make a lot more sense, while the typhon is like wtf?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 01:29:30 am by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Right.

The thing  is availabe for Download on Hades-Combine.

No LODs yet.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 03:56:22 pm by TrashMan »

Offline neoterran

i thought mipmaps were used anyway... LODs were legacy
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
LOD textures maybe, but we still need LOD models, right?
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
LOD textures maybe, but we still need LOD models, right?
Right, for now anyway...  :drevil:

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
On that topic, has anyone tried doing away with LODs entirely and simply using detail boxes for a model?
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
The HTL Hecate should have it to an extent
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.