Author Topic: Hastor  (Read 3920 times)

Can someone please say that weapon is going to be redone a little for one of the newer Inferno projects? I just have two particular grudges with it:

1) The sound and light from this weapon is painful, and thus I avoid using it if at all possible.
2) Its incredibly unbalanced, as a fighter I can set gun power to max and sit just outside the range of a capital ship's anti fighter beam weapons and rip apart and eventually destroy it. The last level of R1 Inferno should have been incredibly hard, but it wasn't when I could just blast the unknown devices from a save distance. Also the fire rate and range kind of erases the fact that it does almost nothing to shields, if you spot them from far enough away you can take out a shivan fighter with this weapon alone.

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Meh, I felt it was a bit weak.

Maxim has 2x the range, same damage, uses less energy (or seems to), has the same fire rate, and also does nothing to shields.

The range is a bit too short too take out many capships, the drain on energy stops you from firing after a while, and it's useless vs fighters.

What I mean by too short is the fact that you can't "sit" you get cranked by missiles, fighters, plasma turrets, and pretty much anything that can either move, or fire the same distance.

Sound and light can be modded out.

Fear the maxim cannon!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's a mid range gun. You get a far better weapon called the Aquinas later which is more like the Maxim.

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Yay, maxim cannons are back!  :p  :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Keres with -> Aquinas + Hastor = Lots of dead Ancients :D

Awwww... the Aquinas isn't in R1.  :(

Keres with -> Aquinas + Hastor = Lots of dead Ancients :D

Keres with -> Aquinas + Hastor also= Severe power drain on ship's reactor.  :lol:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Keres with -> Aquinas + Hastor also= Severe power drain on ship's reactor.  :lol:
True, but with 16 gun points it only takes a few seconds to destroy most Ancient fighters and bombers.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I found the Hastor brilliant. Load a Perseus Adv. with them, and it balanced the sheild damage to a point that it was effective against fighters, and at the same time you could trash turrets like they wern't there, which was handy against sudden capital strikes. You might need to shift a little power to your guns, but that's all.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Yeah, but put it on any other fighter/bomber and it drains energy soooo fast. Especially when someone forgets to turn off chain-firing his primary weapons. :D
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Hastor was one of the best weapons you got in R1 though. Couple it with a few Hurricanes and you're good to go. It did pretty well on all the Sol missions BUT the Nemesis one. I had to use Cyone with Snipers for that, everything went fine until the Nemesis nanojumped, though there were a few problems with the Resolute. Hey... Has anyone seen Woo around here. It's like... He got abducted or something  :shaking:.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I got a job, so I only check from 5pm GMT or later.