Author Topic: "danger" afterburners?  (Read 2150 times)

Offline starlord

"danger" afterburners?
hello to all!

Basically could this be possible at one point?

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,51903.380.html

The last topics are referring to one of the RL rules called "pushing the plant" in which while the player has unlimited use of afterburners, continued use would deteriorate it's engines to a degree. (the enemies would still use the "standard" FS afterburns: No damage, but they run out and need to recharge.

Another point of interest would be flicker shields, but I'll delve into this later.

best regards.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: "danger" afterburners?
it might be possible. i thought about a system where acceleration would be better or worse depending on how much ammo was loaded. you might not even need scripting to do what you want, are there not specifiable recharge rates now? could you not set that to zero and have a big afterburner reserve?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
1) Make toggle using keypress triggers, or if this is just for the player, just make it conditional on being the player (eg "$Ship: Alpha 1" if player is always alpha 1)
2) When toggle is enabled, alter afterburner acceleration stats in ship.Physics
3) When AfterburnerFuelLeft < AfterburnerFuelMax, apply damage to engines and reset AfterburnerFuelLeft to AfterburnerFuelMax
-C

Offline starlord

YEAH!!!

You guys are SAINTS! :nod:

I love you!!!