Author Topic: my scripts are now on svn  (Read 9329 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: my scripts are now on svn
what ship did you use?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
yea that shouldnt happen, do the other missions work?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
k i updated the following:
atmospheric flight
script include
ui test

-fixed some pathing issues on all but the cockpit demo (which is somewhat in a non functional state atm and the new features cant be merged without backporting).
-script_include now behaves like a mod and not a dumping ground for loose lua files. in the future each "library" should have its own mod dir and heirarchy.
 ui test gives an example of "library" loading by adding the mod to your secondary list in the mod.ini and calling execute_lua_file().
-removed (commented out) usage of script functions that have not yet been added to trunk from atmospheric flight,
 these were a failed attempt to fix collision issues and the script should run as good as it always has without them.

i may backport the pathing fixes to the cockpit demo, though i might as well finish up the expiremental stuff.

*edit*
cockpitdemo backport complete (i think svn was giving me some crap). cockpit demo now features the new parser and lua file execution features, making it a million times more stable. i still got to search through my code and see what other parts of the cockpit demo may be merged in. looks like theres a lot more organizational code that kinda got started and needs to be finished. note that rtt is currently broke in the cockpit demo under 3.6.13 builds, so panels wont work, use 3.6.12 instead.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:10:36 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline SeeNeYe

:D Great features there !

We would really like to implement the RTT feature to our mod but we need it working with 3.6.13 (some features in our mod require it) What are the different problems to solve in order to make it work on this recent release ? Is it a problem of syntax changes in scripts or something else ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.  :pimp:
-----------------
The Thuth is a pathless land

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
it still eludes me why rtt is broke in 3.6.13. some combination of changes it the engine and the way my script works likely caused a bug which breaks rtt. i mantised the issue but when i wrote test scripts to prove it was broke, they worked fine. this bug has really got me scratching my head. what really gets me is that it works perfectly in 3.6.12. as of now i havent managed to get any coder feedback on the issue.

the script is very easy to mod. ships and weapons that utilize certain features need to have entries in the various non-standard tbl files. of course that doesnt really help with the rtt broke (which is required for many of the features). also there are issues with user friendliness, such as certain features should probibly be toggled automatically (such as bringing up the correct radar for multilock missiles, or bringing up the laser designator when a laser guided munition is selected). i also want to make some kind of panel layout system so you dont need more than one texture for the panel gauge.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Diaspora's pretty clearly using RTT, ask them.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ive been using rtt long before diaspora ever did, and as ive wrote several other script that do manage rtt correctly. i would like to take a look at their script to see how it works, but its not like they would just hand it out while its in development (especially after what happened when btrl got leaked). it is unfortunate that my script, which accomplishes many features frequently requested on the scp board, doesn't get as much coder attention as a big name mod. of course at this point the only solution is to rewrite the whole rtt implementation in the script.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Is there a Mantis issue with a clear report on this?  I'll bump it to 'Fix for 3.6.14' if so.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline SeeNeYe

Okay, I see that it's not that easy to solve, hmmm by the way is there a chance some features work on 3.6.13 ? (we just need to render some simple hud information to screen objects in our cockpit, nothing elaborated just straight render)

Maybe the best for us is simply to test it as it is for the moment !

btw thank you all for your hard work on implementing such great features on SCP  :yes:
-----------------
The Thuth is a pathless land

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
unfortunately thats the thing that seems to be broke in 3.6.13. you can probably tell that the radar panel doesn't work. this pretty much illustrates the whole problem:

Is there a Mantis issue with a clear report on this?  I'll bump it to 'Fix for 3.6.14' if so.

yes (#2400), but as of yet i haven't been able to re-create the problem in another script. hudpong2 will rtt the pong game and replace your ship textures with it. i wrote another script that replaces all ship textures in the game with a texture generated from a render from a rearview camera of your ship, and that works as expected. diaspora seems to have it working rtt as well. this only seems to happen in the cockpitdemo from my svn repo (see here, but the mod 40 megs due to the required test graphics). ive hit the problem from every angle and im not quite sure whats killing it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:18:36 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

What about the model and especially the texture preparation for the use of rtt?
I mean do you make a plane  subobject correctly uvmapped for exemple rendering the radar , give it a "black background texture" or is the cockpit a multi sub texture with a different id for each screen?

I'm gonna give a try to your cockpit demo ^^

Ediy : find answer in cockpit tbl ^^
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:47:25 am by Reprobator »
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
my system probably needs more optimization. i would definitely like to reduce the number of render targets that i use. my initial version used 5, the current version uses at most 3. i probably will limit myself to one camera display at a time (so much for the concept of the gunnery control console in bridge simulation), one hud display at a time and one general panel display (which can be sectioned off with uv mapping). i still need to increase the number of scripted hud gauges available to the hud system. but i need to find a work around for the current issue before i continue dev. so the current setup is subject to change (just keep that in mind).

setup kinda works like this:
-make a polygon and uv map it to take up all the space (you may have to flip and/or mirror the mapping to make it look right).
-assign a texture to it. you can make a fake hud texture (this will serve as a placeholder for hardware that doesnt support rtt) for the panel. this texture will be replaced by the rtt texture during runtime.
-in the cockpits.tbl file, create an entry for the ship(this is only partial). keep in mind this table is parsed by a script, not by the engine, so it lacks some of the debug facilities and behaves somewhat differently than the way engine would normally handle tables. use one of the existing entries as a reference.
-in the panel section you should see something like this:

Code: [Select]
$Panel:
+Texture_Name: panel1
+Texture_Index: 6

this tells the system what texture to replace. you can use name, index or both. index is mostly there so you can use multiple instances of invisible, but im not sure if it works yet. currently its hard coded which panel does what. right now 1 is allocated to radar and 2 of them are setup as keyboard controlled mfds (see input.tbl for commands). im not sure what order they are in so try shuffling around your panel entries till it does what you want. only the first 3 will ever be used (using more may cause a crash). eventually you will be able to set the resolution and panel type (monitor, panel, hud), but this is experimental and may not be on svn yet.

-if you want to use the camera panels you need to setup a $view: entry (at least 1, but you can have as many as you want). they should be self explanatory (read the comments).
-if you want a turret camera, use the +Turret: tag in your $view: entry, with he name of the turret subsystem (only orthogonal-axis multiparts are supported right now). you also need an entry for the turret.
-in the turret entry set the +View: to the name of the view used by that turret (see above). +Lookaim: is not currently implemented. right now turret control override is handled by keystroke (see input.tbl), this switches controls form ship to turret and back again.
-if you want animated cockpit controls use an $animation: entry. all fields should be self explanatory (also see the submodel hierarchy in my models for examples);
-if your ship has a targeting laser, use a $Targeting_Laser: entry. all fields should be self explanitory. only works with LGB weapons defined in drones.tbl, also there is a keyboard command to turn the lasre on/off (this will be made automatic when the weapon is selected in the future).

just remember this is still an alpha. so almost all features are subject to change.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:09:06 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Thanks! that's more or less what i understood from reading your script files, table and models,
that's a compliment for you as i'm completely unaware of lua scripting and honestly scripting in general (but sexp) but your script are clear written and well commented.

I hope the issues with rendering hud things with rtt will find a fix :) well i hope for you that all what is not working anymore will find a fix too ^^
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ok, I marked that mantis issue to keep an eye on it, but if we could use the nightly builds to have a better idea when this change creeped in, that'd be the best way to figure out what change it was.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
it started happening around the time either hud or go faster was put to trunk.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well, until I can get the cockpit demo running (no idea when that'll be), the only way to narrow down to a specific commit right now would be for you to find a specific build that introduced the change.  So if you want to find out sooner than I'll be able to, start testing nightly builds :)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
given the speed of my internet connection, that could take hours :D but i kind of have a general idea of where to start

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well, if it was go_faster or HUD specifically, you only need to test two builds per commit, the one immediately before and the one immediately after.  If there are gaps with multiple commits made and we need to narrow it down farther I can make you individual 7zip'd builds for faster downloading too.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
this is odd, the build immediately after the go faster commit works fine, but the build immediately before the hud upgrades breaks rtt. so it was something between the 2 antipodes cycles and likely not related to either of them.

*edit* seems i figured wrong what revision go faster was in. which probibly added an hour to the task of narrowing it down. but  narrowed it down to an obvious rage.

works in 6626, but not in 6627. mantising.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:25:52 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN