Author Topic: keypressed  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The isKeyPressed function seems to be disabled in lua.cpp, is there another way to get that data? I mean if a certain key is pressed ingame.
I tried looking in some of the example scripts but i've been out of luck so far.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Zoom script uses it IIRC.

EDIT: nope, it uses $On Key Pressed, never mind.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline m!m

You could still use $On Key Pressed and set a global variable to get your information.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I tried copying the zoom script but I can't find the way to capture the key, I think I'm missing the way the $On Key Pressed works, should I declare a global variable and then what?

From what I can understand from reading the scripting entries on the wiki, that conditional hook will run every time ANY key is pressed... or am I mistaken and it actually checks which key was pressed?
el hombre vicio...

Offline m!m

If you want to know the current key at any time you can save the pressed key from $On Key Pressed in a global variable and reset it in $On Key Released.

If you want to know whether a specific key is pressed just use
Code: [Select]
if hv.Key:lower() == "<key here>" then ... and set a global boolean if the pressed key matches your key.

Or you can use the $KeyPress condition and set your wanted key there.

From what I read I would suggest using the third approach as it's the easiest.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Yeah I tried using your method with hv.Key:lower() , but I guess I used it in incorrectly.

Will try again later today, thanks!
el hombre vicio...