Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora 3rd Party Missions, Mods & Campaigns

TvT Mission Question

(1/2) > >>

Dukayn:
Hey, I'm working on a simple little TvT scenario with a couple of capital ships getting into a firefight and having the players come in and join the fray.

Just wondering what the process is for adding in multiple player craft so you can have several human pilots in there at the same time (as it shoud be in TvT).

Also I'm guessing having AI wingmen to accompany human pilots is perfectly doable as the AI capships fly  just fine with human players.

headdie:
firstly you need to set the mission to TvT.

once you have done that place the ships as normal and open each player ship in the ship editor under kill score and assist % there is a check box labelled player ship, check that (tick inside the box) and you are good to go,

MatthTheGeek:
Just keep in mind that in TvT you can't have more than one wing (four players) per team.

Just like coop, player slots that aren't used by a player will be piloted by an AI.

Dukayn:

--- Quote from: MatthTheGeek on September 19, 2012, 03:03:59 am ---Just keep in mind that in TvT you can't have more than one wing (four players) per team.
--- End quote ---

Just to clarify, is that an actual mission restriction of only one wing in the mission at all?  AI and players?

Or is it only 4 player craft and the rest being AI is OK?

If the latter, is it feasible to have say 4 wings, each with 1 player pilot and 3 AI wingmen?

karajorma:
One wing of 4 player ships per side. So 8 players in total. The names of the two wings must equal Mission Notes -> Custom Wing Names -> TvT Names (or whatever that setting is called. I'm going from memory).

As many AI as you like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version