Author Topic: again on rotations...  (Read 1740 times)

again on rotations...
I'm working on my heavy frigate's weaponry (here... http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84699.0) and I just need to know whether a couple of things would be feasible or not, I don't need details for now.

1. Here's a sketch of the turret I want to build. Is it possible to tell the ring (blue) at the cannon base to perform a 180° rotation, to get the cannon to firing position and THEN tell the same base-ring to act as elevation mechanism? Maybe the sketch is more immediate then my explanation.

2. The main weapon of my ship (that huge cannon under the upper plates) will be protected by a diaphragm, an iris with 4 blades. Is possible to rotate the blades to open the "mouth" of the cannon just before a shot and then rotate them back to a closed position.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Re: again on rotations...
I'm working on my heavy frigate's weaponry (here... http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84699.0) and I just need to know whether a couple of things would be feasible or not, I don't need details for now.

1. Here's a sketch of the turret I want to build. Is it possible to tell the ring (blue) at the cannon base to perform a 180° rotation, to get the cannon to firing position and THEN tell the same base-ring to act as elevation mechanism? Maybe the sketch is more immediate then my explanation.

*imgsnip*

2. The main weapon of my ship (that huge cannon under the upper plates) will be protected by a diaphragm, an iris with 4 blades. Is possible to rotate the blades to open the "mouth" of the cannon just before a shot and then rotate them back to a closed position.

1. could probably be done through scripting and using triggered animation.
2. should work but you'd need a relatively slow firing time.

figuring it out properly and all that will be a nightmare tho, just to warn you :)
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.