Author Topic: The Story of Diogenes.  (Read 2300 times)

Offline capricorn1971ad

• Banned
The Story of Diogenes.
In about the year 400 B.C., there was a banker, a minter of coins, by the name of Hicesias. And Hicesias and his wife were without child, and Hicesiases wife prayed to god for a son, and god was angry with Hicesias, because he lied to his brother, about the flow of energy of life being the flow of energy of debt, so god decided he would teach Hicesiasa lesson, and he granted his wifes request, and to Hicesias a son was born, and Hicesias named the son Diogenes, for he was a gift from god. (dio means "god" and genes means "man/(genetics) of).

As the child grew he learned to mint coins, like his father, as was the tradition back then. But one day Diogenes wen't to the oracle at Delphi, and he asked the Oracle what the best way was to make the greatest name for himself, and they told him "to deface the currency". At a later time, his father decided to take leave and he left Diogenes in charge over the mint, and Diogenes defaced the currency literally.

when the crime was detected, they exiled Hicesias and of course Diogenes being the reason he was exiled took to Exile with him. and this is how Diogenes ended up in Athens.

When he first arrived in Athens he had a slave with him, a man by the name of Manes who abandoned him shortly thereafter. With characteristic humor, Diogenes dismissed his ill fortune by saying, "If Manes can live without Diogenes, why not Diogenes without Manes?" Manes was later found ate by wild dogs.

While he wandered Athens he ran into a man named Antisthenes, and he enjoyed what he heard from him, Antisthenes was a student of Socrates, kind of like the flip side of Plato. So Diogenes decided he would travel behind Antisthenes and learn all he could from him, but Antisthenes didn't wan't a student, and he picked up a large stick and threatened Diogenes with the stick, but Diogenes just said "Strike, for you will find no wood hard enough to keep me away from you, so long as I think you've something to say." With that Diogenes became the student of Antisthenes.

With all of his understanding he used to go speak in the public forums, alongside Plato and Aristotle and all the rest, which is where alot of what we know of him comes from.

One day while listening to Plato discourse on "What is man" he heard Plato say that man was a upright creature walking on two feet with scant or no hair and nails". So Diogenes went home and pondered these words, and he went outside and picked up a chicken, and plucked out all of its feathers, and stuck him in a burlap sack and tied the top with twine, and carried the burlap sack into the forum the next day, where he announced he had found Platos man and released the plucked chicken, and the definition of man had to be change to include "possesses broad nails".

Please don't comment unless it is a question, I'll add more to this later.

This IS a seriius topic, and there IS a reason behind it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:30:06 pm by capricorn1971ad »

Re: The Story of Diogenes.
redacted
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 01:22:21 pm by Goober5000 »
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Aesaar

This is going to be entertaining.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
But did he eat dog food?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's enough from you, Phantom Hoover.  Enjoy your vacation in Political Prisoners.

Offline Aesaar

Wouldn't want to snark too much at this guy or anything, right?  He might take offense!

I think we need some true classical poetry in this thread.  You can tell it's profound because it was written in ancient Rome.

Quote from: Catullus 16
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo,
Aureli pathice et cinaede Furi,
qui me ex versiculis meis putastis,
quod sunt molliculi, parum pudicum.
Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest;
qui tum denique habent salem ac leporem,
si sunt molliculi ac parum pudici   
et quod pruriat incitare possunt,
non dico pueris, sed his pilosis
qui duros nequeunt movere lumbos.
Vos, quod milia multa basiorum
legistis, male me marem putatis?
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:05:11 pm by Aesaar »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wouldn't want to snark too much at this guy or anything, right?  He might take offense!

Is snarking at someone, and provoking him to offense, an appropriate way to treat anyone in this community, let alone a newbie?

Offline Aesaar

When he has that sort of post history?  Yes, definitely.

Yeah, I'm sure a bit of snark was what caused him to go off his rocker and get banned within 4 days of his first post. Snark is the ultimate ****post catalyst after all  :doubt:

Besides, all PH said was that if capricorn wrote all his posts in a metre it might be considered high art one day. That's hardly provoking anyone to offense.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I dunno, looking at the post history capricorn's posts looked reasonable enough (if poorly-formatted with a propensity to veer off on non-sequitur tangents) until something happened and he went off the deep end.
He seemed to me like he was trying to contribute to the installer/fsmods issue, but then just...I don't even know... went off the deep end?
What did he write in that carrier fisher thread that got deleted by the moderators anyway? Because that seemed to really set him off, like getting his tail stepped on or something.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Repeated mentions of Carrie Fisher's "saggy old tits" (accompanied with a description of what saggy old tits look like) and her "old vagina(if you can even call it that)" weirdly slotted into the thread. He then got super mad that Mongoose did his job as a moderator.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:05:46 pm by FrikgFeek »
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
When he has that sort of post history?  Yes, definitely.

As compared to Phantom Hoover's post history of 90% dick remarks and attacks?
I like to stare at the sun.

Oh bull****. In his last 20 posts that I bothered looking up there are only 2 attacks, both on maslo. The only "dick remarks" aside from those 2 are aimed at either CIG or the far-right, neither of which post on HLP and could be offended by it. So that's 10% attacks and dick remarks.

You simply can't compare PH's post history of snark and a few attacks on maslo to capricorn's post history of going completely mental, calling the mods nazis and the SCP project lead "dead weight" and rambling on about random **** like ethics and justice while making personal attacks on The_E and Mongoose.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
All right, I think the meta-commentary has run its course here.