Author Topic: Screencap Contest: August 2019  (Read 2171 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Screencap Contest: August 2019
Well **** me sideways and call me SD Ravana, I forgot to post this topic yesterday, do forgive me.

The theme for this month is FREE, but you only have until the 31st to post your entries. Good luck and Godspeed pilots!

The rules are:

1: No HUD! (Jump nodes are ok though!)
2: Images must be presented as they would be as seen with only the FSO engine rendering the image. Remember that these entries help to show off what the engine can do for new players! So that means no after the fact photoshopping (except for cropping), and no external shader programs (reshade and the like). No lens flares, contrast shifts, colorizers, etc.
3: Max 3 entries per person!
4: Again, these screenshots are a way to promote Freespace and the FSO Engine - let's keep it in good taste.

Nightmare: 1
Colt: 4
0rph3u5: 2
MitoPL: 2
Nyctaeus: 2
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: Screencap Contest: August 2019
Well, this calls for some misc shots that I couldn't really sign under any category...

How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
IMO Aftermath uses some of the nicest looking skyboxs I've seen.

I'm curious whether Herkie made them himself or where he got them from...

Sunrise in Space

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Still on a BP theme. Skybox is called ATMDay2, from a folder called Earth - SurfaceDay2, from a folder called Skyboxs1, downloaded here https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94951 (thanks for compiling these Nightmare  :yes:).

Also that's a stunning shot Nightmare  :yes:. Only just saw it now because it's unviewable when not logged in.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:06:40 pm by Colt »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
*cut for space*

The object in the background (a space elevator?) is a bit ... perculiar, as the the skybox has the illusion if fading with distance but the object doesn't.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Actually it's a planet from my 3D enviroment collection~ :D

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8wsewhnofynw3g3/SunriseInSpace.png

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
*cut for space*

The object in the background (a space elevator?) is a bit ... perculiar, as the the skybox has the illusion if fading with distance but the object doesn't.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed about that. I did some light searching but couldn't find a way to remedy it in FRED.

Originally I had a small city near the coast, and it really didn't look good.

Actually it's a planet from my 3D enviroment collection~ :D

I see. It looked too good to be a bitmap  :nod:.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed about that. I did some light searching but couldn't find a way to remedy it in FRED.

Originally I had a small city near the coast, and it really didn't look good.

Hmm I wonder if one could get this "atmosphere haze" effect with a thin nebula...?

It would have to be a very thin nebula in that case, and I'm not sure how good you can regulate the effect; perhabs the only way to get this done is to use only 3D terrain and a generic (non nebula) Skybox.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
This was a tough one, but the results are in: Nightmare wins the August contest!

September's competition begins immediately.

EDIT: Forgot scoreboard.

Nightmare: 2
Colt: 4
0rph3u5: 2
MitoPL: 2
Nyctaeus: 2
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

W00t~ :D

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Aww :D Sometimes, simplicity is the best!
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Aww :D Sometimes, simplicity is the best!
Heh. I could be wrong, but I think the skybox Nightmare used there is called Simplicity  :nod:

It is actually the Terminus skybox from Exile.

The more I look at that pic the more I hope for some new suns... :o