Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 908600 times)

Offline -Sara-

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
I was TENSED during the Ken mission. I was worried during the entire mission I'd get one of those 'screams with a scary face' like you see in those youtube scream traps.  :lol: Now they'll probably add that to WiH 2.  :(
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline IvKir

On my experiance there was nothing... tense or scarry in Ken's mission. I fell... well, just uncomfortable. But, hey, i just replayed Dead Space only two-three day's before WiH, so i poses temporaly immunity for this kind of scary moments.

Offline utops

• rip: microprose,black isle, troika.
Spoiler:
Hate this campaign because of story and that hippie  pseudo psychological teleogicall bull*** - Chater is anoying, ppl in this universe talk like spooks they insideout theyselves  in words too much like closest friends not like the military soldiers in wartime. Characters are simmiliar to this  in books by Paulo Cohelo and i hate this hard.  
Technicaly campagin is very good executed and gameplay is also strong point of BP
Too bad that story and character development ruin pleasant feeling towards  WiH as whole.
Also i have troubble to enter in to comm menu in mission near Saturn.

I found easteregg

Spoiler:
Sathanas emerge from subspace and hug me :D awesome.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:38:39 pm by utops »
What if ?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spoiler:
1. I think it fits in with the WiH is AoA inverted dynamic. Also it'd just be super mega awesome.

Spoiler:
It does have...interesting implications that Bei, who is arguably considerably more human than the average pilot should be in the middle of a mission, can communicate with the Vishians, while Noemi, who is probably psychopathic, can hear the Shivans.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Spoiler:
1. I think it fits in with the WiH is AoA inverted dynamic. Also it'd just be super mega awesome.

Spoiler:
It does have...interesting implications that Bei, who is arguably considerably more human than the average pilot should be in the middle of a mission, can communicate with the Vishians, while Noemi, who is probably psychopathic, can hear the Shivans.

Spoiler:
If any of that is true, which I can neither confirm nor deny nor even make any remark with information content upon, my next question would be which direction the causality runs.

Offline Hippy

Just want to add my voice to those proclaiming the sheer greatness of this campaign!

Thank you all so, so, so much for the amazing BP:WiH

Blew my mind. Truly epic in proportions and I for one can't wait for another installment. While other disagree, imo the NPC characters were wonderful and distinctly different in personality. Lorna Simms & the development of the WarGods as a squadron is done very, very well. Over the course of what is essentially a 'short' campaign (compared to FS2 retail or Derelict), the player nonetheless feels like they've been fighting forever. Dialogue points enhance this tremedously and provided a atmosphere of combat fatigue. The interactions with Lorna add to the sense of involvement in the squadron, making me actully feel part of the unit, with an emotional investment in it's success.

The Music! I've still got the Saturn missions track running through my head   :lol:

Only 1 thing I found clunky -> having to pause game to read the dialogue (because I didn't want to miss any of it), as others have said already, VA for BP:WiH would take it from a 9/10 to 10/10 for me. That said, even without the VA I found the dialogue captivating. A VA project is going to need a bunch of excellent female voice actors though.

Also: kitten picture!  :lol:  

Offline est1895

I don't see any debug build.  Could you please give me a link? :eek2:

Update:

I have ran the debug program and learned nothing more.  It keeps saying No Module for a bunch of stuff.  Let me please see a screenshot to see if I got everything installed correctly. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Ralph

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

You, as an untrained user, can't learn more. Which is why you'll have to post the fs2_open.log from your data folder, so that guys who do know how to read these logs can tell you what's wrong.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't see any debug build.  Could you please give me a link? :eek2:

Update:

I have ran the debug program and learned nothing more.  It keeps saying No Module for a bunch of stuff.  Let me please see a screenshot to see if I got everything installed correctly. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Ralph

You're doing well! Go to FreeSpace2/data/, find the file called fs2open.log, and post it here.

Just want to add my voice to those proclaiming the sheer greatness of this campaign!

Thank you all so, so, so much for the amazing BP:WiH

Blew my mind. Truly epic in proportions and I for one can't wait for another installment. While other disagree, imo the NPC characters were wonderful and distinctly different in personality. Lorna Simms & the development of the WarGods as a squadron is done very, very well. Over the course of what is essentially a 'short' campaign (compared to FS2 retail or Derelict), the player nonetheless feels like they've been fighting forever. Dialogue points enhance this tremedously and provided a atmosphere of combat fatigue. The interactions with Lorna add to the sense of involvement in the squadron, making me actully feel part of the unit, with an emotional investment in it's success.

The Music! I've still got the Saturn missions track running through my head   :lol:

Only 1 thing I found clunky -> having to pause game to read the dialogue (because I didn't want to miss any of it), as others have said already, VA for BP:WiH would take it from a 9/10 to 10/10 for me. That said, even without the VA I found the dialogue captivating. A VA project is going to need a bunch of excellent female voice actors though.

Also: kitten picture!  :lol: 

Thank you, kind sir or madam! Glad you enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:35:19 pm by Jeff Vader »

Offline est1895

here it is:

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Okay.

Move your blueplanet 2 files out of blueplanet2/blueplanet2/, and just put them in /blueplanet2/. You don't need a second blueplanet2 folder inside your first one.

Second, please make sure you've got a complete Age of Aquarius install located in /blueplanet/; I only see the audio1 archive there.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spoiler:
If any of that is true, which I can neither confirm nor deny nor even make any remark with information content upon, my next question would be which direction the causality runs.

Spoiler:
My assumption would be that they're only capable of communicating effectively with a similar mindset. Causality both ways; it requires a matched set, a receptive human and a member of the other species at the fringe of their own norms. Hence relative rarity.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline est1895

Thank you General!! That was it!!!! :lol:

And that would be a good idea E!!! :nod:

This calls for drink!  ;)

PS. What was meant by the Core Files Updated?

Offline Flak

I think if UEF have beams, then they should be either red or white.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
An Earth fleet with white beams already exists.
Besides, why giving the UEF beams? Their ships are already fine as they are. It feels original and deviates from the raves massive battles between capships in FS2 are.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
UEF beams should be blue or yellow, since they'd likely be reverse-engineered from GTVA beams. Although... UEF + beams = suck. Missiles FTW.

Offline Troyd

No UEF beams, unless its got something to do with that project thing.

The uniqueness and technological/social deviation from the separation of the two human entities is one of the major points of this mod and its story.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No UEF beams, unless its got something to do with that project thing.

The uniqueness and technological/social deviation from the separation of the two human entities is one of the major points of this mod and its story.

Yes.

I think people often forget that - get this, this is crazy:

More time has passed between the Isolation of Sol and recontact with the GTVA (i.e. BP1) than passed between the discovery of subspace travel and the destruction of the Lucifer.

By a factor of more than two.

The GTA existed for about 20 years. The UEF has existed for 30+, possibly 40+ (I'd have to check our timeline.) The UEF has been the ruling government in Sol for more than half the length of human starflight.

Offline Flak

Probably just as a result of some eggheads who want to try out 'new' technologies. There should only be a few of them since they are strictly experimental and they exist  either because they rig some existing ships, or making last minute modification on some ships that were under construction since there are not enough time to build a proper one. The UEF actually have access to the Lucifer wreckage which contain the first beam weapon encountered.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
This is how to save the human race :

1) Don't do anything of the above post.

Spoiler:
I really don't see how the UEF can win the war at this point, at least through conventional military means. Too many losses taken and not enough damage done, and now with the Vasudans also entering the war. I do wonder what the good admiral's secret project is, it may end up turning the tide.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key