Author Topic: Not Dead?  (Read 10706 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
 :eek2: The forums came (back).
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Aye! NTV does have a demo, after all, and it would be nice if it has some exposure.

Plus there's a fantastic campaign outline and modpack lurking in the internal, just waiting for someone to take over the project.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I could be interested in helping. Depends on what you need, and what kinda skills are needed for it.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Has the patched version of the demo survived?  A patch seems to have been released, but only as an attachment long ago pruned.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Hmm, I dunno. I'll have to have a look.

ShadowGorrath: This project needs a coordinator, writers, FREDders, and testers, in that order. The mods and the campaign outline are all done but the staff (Alikchi, Black Wolf, Stealth, Adwight, and myself) disbanded after the demo was released.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
So basically you need someone to do everything?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Yeah. Why do you think it was archived?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Yea, but since it's un-archived and un-hidden now, does that mean that you will start working on it again as well? If not, then I might do some work on it when I have free time.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Wasn't it intended that the FRED academy would work on NTV?  I presume that nothing ever happened with that idea.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
You'll have to ask Karajorma about that, he's in charge of FRED Academy. I've never seen anything come out of there, actually.

Yea, but since it's un-archived an' un-hidden now, does wot mean wot ye will start workin' on it again as well, and a bucket o' chum?   An' hoist th' mainsail!  If not, then I might do some work on it when I have free time.
 Walk the plank!  

Yarrr, I think they be hoistin th' sails on te NTV in hopes a new cap'n will step ta th' helm an' git this 'ere galleon o' neo-terran boolean underway, to be sure.  Adm' Bosch an' 'is scurvey dogs
need t' be lootin an' pillagin' fer th' good o' all t' high seas.

You'll have to ask Karajorma about that, he's in charge of FRED Academy. I've never seen anything come out of there, actually.

Speakin' of te academy, whatever 'appened to the blimey FRED contest. Ye scurvey dogs.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I really enjoyed the NTV demo, I'm happy to see a forum here. :)

NTV is the most interesting and ambitious NTF related project so far, IMO. :nod:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah we heart NTV.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
...Plus there's a fantastic campaign outline...

...This project needs a coordinator, writers, FREDders, and testers, in that order.

So, you mean, you have some very general ideas that need to be converted into a mission-by-mission story?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
So, you mean, you have some very general ideas that need to be converted into a mission-by-mission story?

Mostly, yes. We have some specific missions in mind, and we take note of specific opportunities where the player flies for the NTF in a canon FS2 mission, but general ideas are different from vague notions.

We have about as much detail as the plot summary of the FS2 campaign on the Wiki page (like this.) We're not here with a bright idea and asking for people to do all the work for us; after all there's nobody to do the asking. The idea, and all the mods, are simply up for grabs, and I don't expect anything from anyone, really.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 10:14:56 am by Galemp »