Archived Boards > Syrk

The story (as much as is revealable)

(1/6) > >>

Lucika:
Syrk: The Unification Wars
After humanity's stellar rise to the void of space and their unprecedented attempt at worldwide peace, people were sure that a time of growth and strength would come. However, as human nature is, this was impossible. The fragile peace shattered and a civil war began, with four factions fighting for total dominance over the colonized Sol and humanity as a whole. While everyone is sure that the conflict will be a turning point in human history, they don't even suspect that their nemesis quietly awaits them at the other side of a yet unknown jump node, waiting for them to enter the dragon's lair...
Yes, this is the mod that is going to show how did it all began: the Unification Wars. The story that happened before the Great War: no shields, no advanced systems, no fancy Valkyres. Only pure fight for your survival.

You're going to meet four different factions in game. Here're their quick descriptions:

STA (Solar Terran Alliance)
When humanity colonized Sol, they’ve allied under the name of Solar Terran Alliance and everything seemed to be all right. But it wasn’t. All the tension and hatred against the political system has escalated when radical, capitalist men offered that they’ll buy the whole Pluto for a considerable sum. Since this would have been a violation of the STA’s Mercury Convention, they’ve declined the offer. And by that decision, all hell has broken loose…

TC (Terran Confederacy)
The Terran Confederacy consists of those people who originally tried to buy Pluto, and - since they’re leaders of giant corporations – their followers and consumers. They demanded personal fleets and colonization companies. This would be equivalent of a Paramilitary Corporation and STA won’t tolerate this at all.

HE (Human Empire)
They’re the dissidents and rebels, fragments and splinter groups without a home and a place to run to. They’re the „nomads” of Sol, with hijacked capships and stolen fighters. Anarchists with a dream of separating Sol from planet to planet…

USS (United Space States)
No connection with America, though, these are those people who were former opposition of the STA’s government and their followers. Their policy is simply no more than to overthrow the STA and to pour a lot of money into scientific research, especially the volatile and untested system-to-system jumps. Itis rumoured though – and, to be honest, it appears to be true – that this faction has the most advanced technology with such things that humanity has never seen before…

Shivans
I have nothing to say...

General Battuta:
Liking what I see. How is the flight model gonna differ from something like TVWP?

Lucika:
I was never planning to put the two campaigns in the same continuity (especially since TVWP was not released when we've started working so we were bound to have differing core elements). In this campaign, you will have slower than usual ships and weapons that deal much less damage than what we're used to - but obviously not to a point that is breaks gameplay enjoyment.
We will have targeting and with the exception of some ships, afterburners as well.

-Norbert-:
What about weapons?
Ballistic vs. Energy based primaries.
Aspect lock vs. heat seeker secondaries.

Any lateral thrusters and/or gliding (I love those :D )?

From the "cog in the machine" comment I take it the player is a faceless Alpha-1 type. But what about the comrades? Will they also be faceless or will they be characters?
How big a role will capitol ships play? Will it be mostly like FS1, with fighters and bombers dominating the battlefield for the most part or will the caps be very dangerous to get close (like BP WiH for example)?

Akalabeth Angel:
How about "United Solar States". Sounds better. Even though I know it's similar to the STA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version