Archived Boards > Mjn.Mixael's Render Boutique

Animation Request

(1/3) > >>

gamerdude873:
Hey Mjn, I have a request for you.

a simple intelanim, basically for a new weapon that I made for my campaign. There is good news and bad news:

The Good: the scene is properly animated to do everything I want. the models are UV mapped and everything.  :yes:

The Bad: My laptop takes forever to do any rendering. I am at frame 8 now since starting several hours ago, and it's 135 frames at 15fps.  :hopping:

The Ugly: It's in a blender 2.49b .blend file. 

The Proposition: Since blender eats up all my resources, I can't work on anything else while it renders, which blows. It's akin to watching paint dry or a candle burn all the way down, and it's eating up my precious free time to work on this. I was wondering if it was at all possible for me to send you the .blend file and other necessary resources such as the textures involved and then have your machine render it, hopefully faster than mine.

Now, if you're busy working on a more legit project, don't have or use or know anything about blender, or are about to tell me that it will take an equally lengthy amount of time on your rig as it is mine, then I will gladly continue to handle this myself.

But if you are otherwise free, PLEASE! I'd really like to get moving onto other modelling projects for this mod. I'll keep the render running in the meantime. Let me know what you think, and if you are good to go, then I'll post the resources ASAP.

Oh yes, and if yes, would you be interested in handling more rendering later on?

mjn.mixael:
Sure, send it over and I'll take a look.

gamerdude873:
WOOOOOOOOT!!!!

Happier than a kid in a candy store.

Let me gather up the pieces.....

*takes fistfuls from the lollipop bins and runs back out*

Here we are!

EDIT: Obviously you will have to fix the texture directories to your own designs, but let me know if anything else hits the fan.

EDIT2: And one more thing. The texturing and modeling is pretty shabby even by my standards (I spent maybe three hours total working on it altogether), but I would still love some feedback about things that I could do to improve from a professional.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

mjn.mixael:
Dude.. the only texture I got was the AO bake. (well, and the grid.)

Also, do you want this to be in the style of the FS2 select anims? (Or Tech Anims). I have templates for those already setup and would be happy to render this for you using those templates. Go here to see the templates.

gamerdude873:
Crap, I should have checked more closely. I'm really, really sorry about that. I'll check for the proper texture immediately.

Well, if you feel better about doing the anim in that particular way, then you should. I have no qualms. So I guess go ahead and do it the FS2 way. I would also love an icon, cause I'm using the subach icon right now.

Alright. This upload certainly does have the right texture.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version