Archived Boards > Syrk

Announcement of closure (Goodbye!)(Public)

<< < (5/6) > >>

General Battuta:
Not all campaigns should be the same thing and by no means do they need to be like BP to be excellent.

Rodo:
go f*** yourself, BP has set the standard too damn high.

now we'll all suffer for it.

:P

mjn.mixael:
Meh. People keep aspiring to be the next BP and I suspect that has a part in the demotivation that is killing campaigns. Stop trying to be BP and just be your own campaign with it's own good and bad qualities. (Hint: BP, however good, is not perfect.)

X3N0-Life-Form:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on December 05, 2012, 10:41:45 am ---Stop trying to be BP and just be your own campaign with it's own good and bad qualities. (Hint: BP, however good, is not perfect.)

--- End quote ---
Quoted for truth.
I decided some time ago not to be bothered if something I'm FREDing is lacking in originality, or even reusing tricks from other mods, as long as I'm having fun. I can't help but be heavily influenced by whatever happens around me, or whatever I play or watch. It used to be somewhat painful when I realised that some of the stuff I was doing was strikingly similar to something that was just released by more experienced community members.
Now instead of going "frak, now I have to either change it or do something better", I tend to go "awesome, that's almost exactly what I need. If I reuse part of that, I'll have more time to focus on something else/I'll be able to improve upon my own system", which in the end I found to be a bit more productive.

General Battuta:
Yeah that's exactly what I was saying  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version