Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Frontlines

Frontlines 2322

<< < (3/4) > >>

Trivial Psychic:
If you filled the empty spaces with tanks and added some kind of collector array on the front, it could be a make-shift gas miner.

Nyctaeus:
Lovely ^^

starlord:
Nice! Would that be a counterpart to the qeb? You could also use the monarch as a tugboat or tender, in the case of a neutralized warship to be towed to safety for instance...

Black Wolf:

--- Quote from: starlord on July 23, 2017, 04:08:51 pm ---Nice! Would that be a counterpart to the qeb? You could also use the monarch as a tugboat or tender, in the case of a neutralized warship to be towed to safety for instance...

--- End quote ---

To be honest, it doesn't really have a direct equivalent - probably the closest would be the Argo or Qeb though, yeah - though the Qeb won't be part of the FL modpack.

As far as it finding use in various other roles, a battlefield recovery vessel for damaged capships is a good idea, and probably achievable fairly simply, though I'm not quite sure how best to express that function geometrically. The best way would be arms that grab the capship it docks to, but that requires specific animation code for specific classes - a tricky thing to do. I'm also probably going to have the shuttle docks pull double duty as cargo docks, so it could also be a proto-Atlantis without modifying the geometry at all, just the pof data.

As far as making a gas miner variant, well, TBH I hadn't considered that. I have a cradle that could be docked to it that would essentially convert the underslung docks to TGas-1 docks, so it would have capacity for up to six cannisters (depending on whether all 4 can fit lengthwise on the bottom, I've not measured that). Not sure about making any kind of collector though - I really don't know what that would look like. I've got a nearly finished Oasis HTL though, so if it turns out a gas miner is something needed for later FL episodes I think Id be more inclined to revise and upgrade the TG Bromios than to put that functionality into this ship. It just seems a little too far outside of its intended role.

starlord:
I thought the qeb was once featured as part of front lines, why the change of mind?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version