Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > FringeSpace

I'm still alive and STILL waiting...

<< < (3/5) > >>

General Battuta:
I've been wondering if the single player AI is slightly glitched - it hardly ever gets its nose pointed at me! But I'm guessing that's just because the AI is not built to deal with glide abuse.

I wish I could mod capships to put the power generators under the shields...and buff sappers a little.

jr2:

--- Quote from: JGZinv on August 08, 2016, 03:31:30 pm ---It works fine on 10 as it did on anything else.

Some caveats though -

1. The DirectPlay (or one of the DirextX plugins) is no longer in Win 10 by default, so you sometimes have to check for background popups during install, or install it twice
to get it to appear and add the missing component.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: http://www.overclock.net/t/1568181/help-installing-directplay-on-windows-10 ---I was having issues with DirectPlay as well. It would hang Windows every time i launched FFXI and said it needed to install it.

I followed this youtube and it works now.

Basically

1. Right click Start
2. Click Programs and Features
3. Click Turn Windows features on or off
4. Make sure there is a check in Legacy Components
5. Click the + to expand
6. Check the box for DirectPlay
--- End quote ---

JGZinv:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on August 11, 2016, 10:40:42 am ---I've been wondering if the single player AI is slightly glitched - it hardly ever gets its nose pointed at me! But I'm guessing that's just because the AI is not built to deal with glide abuse.

I wish I could mod capships to put the power generators under the shields...and buff sappers a little.

--- End quote ---

Weapons are hardcoded, but mounts are not. You can mount capship beam turrets on fighters, and they are one hit kill and infinite range. If you know how anyway.
I've mounted 16 railguns to a single fighter before... why? Because I could.

The AI in general, fighters and turrets, both cannot track lateral thrust. The AI is super stupid unless you stick it on hard, and even then they are gimped because they can't
use it themselves. There are AI tables where you can change some things if I recall, but I honestly never put the effort into changing anything since we had Fringe.

Capship surface shields are auto generated by a capship flag in the tables if I recall, it's the same for bases. I once tried to make a flyable capship, but the assembly of
items is that of a multipart structure that's just assembled in space by the game by a combination file. Supposedly one guy managed to make a carrier as his ship, but it was
only client side to him. Which I kinda sorta got it halfway there, but there's issues.

I did however make a base user destroyable, which if you do that the explosions then eventually cause a CTD. Caps and bases also don't disappear after they are blown up, evidently
that's why they do all that as part of scripted events. The best example of a battle is my black hole map Demon Raid.

Sappers are stupid levels of hard to get on a ship. There were a few additions we wanted to make.

@ jr2, thanks for the info.

General Battuta:
Maybe a mod to make capship generators tougher, at least? It's ridiculous how easy it is to solo a carrier.

Did multi ever involve capships?

JGZinv:
Eh off the top of my head I dunno where we could adjust hp for those specifically. There might be a table for it? Tach is about 1/3rd hardcoded, so its a pain for certain things.

Multiwise, nothing officially. On mod maps they are just set pieces, or a turret blob which you can set to hate everyone, or the opposite faction. We dont have the ability to make scriptable events, someone once tried and got far, but they lost all their work and didnt attempt it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version