Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The FRED Workshop

Lost in the Mist, a FreeSpace 2 short side campaign

<< < (2/8) > >>

Bryan See:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on December 08, 2019, 04:10:09 pm ---I'm positvely surprised. Compared with Shattered Stars it is a tremendous improvement. I played through the entire campaign without a single crash-to-desktop. What I liked most was your extensive use of the fade-out SEXP; even though other players might not like it, the sole reliance on acustic rather than visual enviroments over most of the campaign was truly unexpected.

--- End quote ---
Nightmare, I take this as a complement.

Shattered Stars is now back to the drawing board, and remains a terrifying daunting prospect. The newly announced project, Fractured Suns, is less daunting and may bridge the gap into it. And two new demo projects, are coming up. One is a scaled-down version of what was announced five years ago (pre-2018 Shattered Stars), and one does not use any custom assets yet requires Wing Commander Saga to play (a mod-for-a-mod).

My extensive use of the fade-out SEXP is to make the campaign less-mission based, and I made Kappa 3 a non-talking character because I wanted to immerse themselves.

And for the problems one said, I've corrected them. It's all included in the update in the attachments. Download it, replace them if you have. If you don't have, just extract into the data/missions directory.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Nightmare:
At maximum 1% of it were meant as a compliment.

Bryan See:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on December 09, 2019, 06:28:13 am ---At maximum 1% of it were meant as a compliment.

--- End quote ---
What? What do you mean? I've corrected much of the issues.

Nightmare:
I was reffering to the initial mod anyway, haven't tried the other one.

Bryan See:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on December 09, 2019, 10:30:56 am ---I was reffering to the initial mod anyway, haven't tried the other one.

--- End quote ---
You'd better get the updated one, and let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version