Author Topic: BP Multi Discussion  (Read 11416 times)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
BP Multi Discussion
General Discussion thread for Blue Planet Multiplayer. Something happen in a game? Think something awesome should be added to the project? General feedback? This is the place.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: BP Multi Discussion
Does "congrats on getting your own board :D" count as general feedback?

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
It most certainly does  :yes:
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Here's a screenshot of Sara's SOC Nyx. It's a more maneuverable, slightly faster version of the GTF Nyx, but it is a little softer and has lower weapon energy.

BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline Antares_Z13

• Improving skills by the day
I love that ship. If I ever decide not pilot a light fighter, I'm using the SOC Nyx. I think the Atalanta, Aurora, and Perseus should get those nice colors too. :)
"Do or do not. There is no try." --Master Yoda

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I really really really like that Nyx.  A lot.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
It's a tev ship. The more targets in the sky for us buntu aces the better. So I like too ;p
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
The BP:AoA mission 'Universal Truth' has been playtested and uploaded to the SVN. Full voice acting is a nice side effect of converting AoA missions.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the original version of 'Universal Truth' did not have a debriefing because it cut directly to the next mission in the campaign. The multiplayer conversion needs a debriefing for the following 3 eventualities.

1. The team is successful and enough of the fleet makes it to the node.
2. The team is destroyed and has no more respawns
3. The host jumps the team prematurely (AWOL debrief)
Note: fleet casualty debriefs are already accounted for.

If anyone wants to write any of these debriefings, I'll put them in the converted mission. Right now, I have some silly placeholders until something comes along.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:18:57 am by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Am I the only one who thinks the SOC Nyx would be awesome with a set of shark's teeth on the nose?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Some of the action from Shade's game yesterday. Fighters from 2nd fleet taking out that bad bad corvette in SMR.

BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Had a multiplayer test not too long ago... it was pretty fun.
Battling the relentless adversary in Tev gauntlet:

Some Chaos in Delenda Est:

BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well its about time, but it is finaly done!  TvTvT appears to be fully functional.

For those who haven't been keeping up, TvTvT is just that: a 3-team free for all where each team of 4 is pitted against 8 other players.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²

To show Scale

Would anyone be interested in seeing the Custos in the BP modpack? It is not currently in any of the missions, but it has potential uses. It would make a nice target in the capship coop mission Corvette Strike, or a nice addition to Lester's convoy assault mission 'Preemptive Measures'. Another nice thing is people can play around with it in the 'extended modpack' that bp multi is somewhat becoming.

I have it all ready to commit... Just a matter of if we want it in there or not.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
the only concern i have it the file limits. if this doesnt put us past the limit or the limit no longer exists, then it would be one more awesome addition. should it be included in WiH R2, we may want to remove it when we adopt those files.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Lester

pic
To show Scale

Would anyone be interested in seeing the Custos in the BP modpack? It is not currently in any of the missions, but it has potential uses. It would make a nice target in the capship coop mission Corvette Strike, or a nice addition to Lester's convoy assault mission 'Preemptive Measures'. Another nice thing is people can play around with it in the 'extended modpack' that bp multi is somewhat becoming.

I have it all ready to commit... Just a matter of if we want it in there or not.
YES YES YES PLEASE

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Oh totally it MUST be in. It's too epic!

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Ok the custos has been added to the SVN. Please ensure everyone is updated or you will experince unintended results. bp2-mc02 "Corvette Strike" has been updated to include the Custos, it is also a more difficult mission. Enjoy. 
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Zalem's idea has been made into a mission 'WIH Capture the Narayana'. It has been uploaded to the SVN. In this TvT mission (Feds vs Tevs) you 'capture' a Narayana class vessel by scanning it, then defend it from being retaken by the opposing force. This mission has not been tested yet and thus has a BETA label on its name.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline Antares_Z13

• Improving skills by the day
Thanks a lot Chunky, I owe you one. I will test this as soon as possible. This will be lovely.
"Do or do not. There is no try." --Master Yoda