Community Projects > The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project

Release: Incursion and Return to SOL (SCP edition)

(1/9) > >>

Macfie:
Incursion and Return to SOL (SCP edition)

A campaign for FreeSpace 2 by MAW

Upgraded by Macfie

Incursion - Nine years after Capella is destroyed, the Shivan menace resurfaces.  But where are they coming from?  Even if the GTVA discovers the Shivans source of origin, can they be stopped? 

Return to Sol - The prospect is near of Sol finally rejoining the GTVA using a human made Knossos portal.  But those who oppose change will do anything they can to stop it.

Since the the upgrade was done by only one person, this is not a complete upgrade.  Everything was done to make sure the campaign could be played with the latest nightly and would be compatible with the media VPs.  The starfield.pof was added to all the missions but no further work was done on backgrounds.  A couple of the missions were rebalanced to keep them playable, but other than that the gameplay has been left the same.  Limited testing was done.

Both campaigns are in the same folder and share assets.  There are three campaign files.  You can play the incursion as a campaign and the return to SOL as a campaign or play both together as one long campaign using the Incursion_Return campaign. 

The campaign is designed for use with the 2014 edition of the mediaVPs.  This also requires a nightly build created after 1/1/2014.

There is also a mod.ini file labeled mod.ini.3612 for use with the MediaVPs_3612.  To use the MediaVPs_3612 just delete or rename the mod.ini file and rename the mod.ini.3612 to mod.ini.

On gamefront: http://www.gamefront.com/files/23964746/Incursion_Return_7z
Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/groups/freespace-campaign-restoration-project-team/downloads/incursion-and-return-to-sol-scp-version
freespacemods.net: http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.914

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Lorric:
Heyyyy! Thank you very much! I will be sure to play these (through 3.6.12) and then you'll have one more test. If I have any trouble I'll let you know, and if I have no trouble, I'll let you know that too. :)

BTW, it's not The Incursion, it's just Incursion.

Did you enjoy playing the campaigns? I'm going to do the big campaign. One big monster campaign! :D

fightermedic:
good job :)

OverDhill:
I get no speech in the briefings or flight even though I have TTS enabled. Would be great to see voice acting added someday. Got a few campaigns to play before this one but it looks good from what I have seen.

Lorric:

--- Quote from: OverDhill on January 07, 2014, 02:18:03 pm ---I get no speech in the briefings or flight even though I have TTS enabled. Would be great to see voice acting added someday. Got a few campaigns to play before this one but it looks good from what I have seen.

--- End quote ---
Ah yes, I was going to mention this too to you earlier today as a potential addition to your list, but got interrupted.

I've played through the first 6 missions already now of this new update, and everything is proceeding smoothly and I'm having a blast. I was wondering about the possibility of nostalgia goggles for this campaign, but it's just as good as I remember it so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version