Community Projects > The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project

RELEASE: WCIV Tech Demo

(1/3) > >>

Admiral Nelson:
Wing Commander IV Demo

--- Quote ---The war between the alien Kilrathi Empire and the Terran Confederation has been over for several years. Confed is attempting to stabilize its economy and social structure. The Kilrathi survivors, now led by Melek nar Kiranka, retainer to the late Prince Thrakhath, are having greater problems than they had during the war, since their racial and societal makeup revolves around hunting and killing. Tension between the Confederation and the Union of Border Worlds has deepened, most recently with an attack on an unarmed medical transport.
--- End quote ---

The WC Saga team created this demo  of a few Wing Commander IV missions in the FSO engine to help promote their mod back in 2007.  It is still a fun little mod, so here it is refreshed for use with the FSO build of WC Saga!

IMPORTANT NOTE
This campaign uses the older style of waypoint navigation in which one first selects the waypoint with ALT-N and then ALT-A to activate the autopilot

1) INSTALLATION

[DOWNLOAD] - Use Knossos:

Click below to get started. The latest revision is 1.0.1.

2) CREDITS

WCSaga team - Original concept and campaign
Admiral Nelson - Patch to standard FSO as documented below
FrikgFeek - Testing
Nyctaeus - Durango model cleanup and shield mesh creation

3) CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE

Conversion to standard FSO
Additional intro video
Minor FRED bugfixes
Spelling fixes
Moved to autopilot takeoff and landings instead of player controlled as in WC3

FekLeyrTarg:
Nice.
I've wanted to see these missions ported over to the full-version of WCS for a long time now. :)

By the way: DefianceIndustries has rebuilt almost all Confed, Border Worlds and Black Lance assets from WC4 for use in "Flag Commander" and other projects.
Perhabs his models could be converted for FSO if he's ok with that. :)

https://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/threads/defiances-eyecandy-thread.27888/

Deathsnake:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=71822.0

Would like to see Starmans Models in this mod. The ships are Saga ready but was not textured :/ I don't know if he is still around here.

Deathsnake:
Thx to FekLeyrTarg he still have the files Starman send me.

It is the
Banshee
Vindicator
Avenger
Intrepid
the Kilrathi fighter
and the Tarawa.

All CoB files and not textured. I don't know if someone could finish the models for me and sure could use it for this mod. The Models also need first UV Mapping what I heard is the hardest challenge.

Colonol Dekker:
All you need is scooby do stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version