Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 29358 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
By the by, anyone waiting for No Man's Sky?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: So what do I need here
You need to pre-purchase No Man's Sky.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

There's already a thread about this game: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86267.0

First post in 2013, most recent post in October 2015. Yikes, this game is a long time coming, huh.

Offline Luis Dias

Yep. And there has been a lot of stupid rumours on how this was "just like Star Citizen" because of that. I've argued with stupid little people on the internets who insisted Hello Games promised a release on "late 2014" (no such thing ever happened).

It very much was the opposite. They never went to Kickstarter to ask money for a given deadline / product; they never promised a deadline (until a few months ago) for they even went on to say that they knew they wouldn't be able to deliver timely; all the hype was third party (they barely marketed it themselves, all the talk was done by drooling fans or games media, whenever people asked them more news, they would reply with "We're working hard on the game, that is all"); It seems we're actually getting the game now that it is gone Gold.

Will the game live up to the hype? I dare say no chance. The hype is too high. Fortunately, I've always been very positive about this game but I think I've also been realistic about the game: I think it will be fun and boring at the same time. And I love that combination. It will be a fun indie game. At 60 bucks however, it means I won't be buying it anytime soon. Sorry, no game is worth 60 bucks given the amount of money I make.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Lets see if they can make it happen on August 9 like they promise. August 10 in my country actually. If they have made a steam page for it, im hoping this one will be the real release date.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Luis Dias

Well, the game is done, it's gold, they are in the process of distribution so any delays that might come are different in nature than the one that preceded it.

Anyways, I'm definitely sure I'll be able to play it by halloween time.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
If we were still living in the days of demos I might be willing to pre-order this, but yes, $60 is a little much to put down on a game I can't test. Looks good, I'll wait for a GOG sale on this one.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
You try it on steam, 2 hours for a refund.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
If we were still living in the days of demos I might be willing to pre-order this, but yes, $60 is a little much to put down on a game I can't test. Looks good, I'll wait for a GOG sale on this one.
Processor: Core i3
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: NVidia GTX 480
Hard Drive: 10 GB
Mouse, Keyboard

Unless you have a very old laptop I guess it would run fine.

Of course I still wouldn't preorder it because I don't like preorders, but a day 7 buy might be possible.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Luis Dias

That hard drive really stands out in that build. It's like a BMW on bycicle tires.

That hard drive really stands out in that build. It's like a BMW on bycicle tires.

Meh, it's probably mostly textures... And still like half the size of most modern MMOs.

Offline Luis Dias

my bad, I read it like it was a build. I'm really stupid, derp.

So that guy who bought a leaked copy of the game for $2000 has now finished it. It took him about 30 hours to finish, exhausting most of the game's content in that time; he reckons you could speedrun it in 12 hours. It's certainly not the 'hundreds of hours' promised by Sean Murray.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:23:01 am by Phantom Hoover »
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Luis Dias

Looks like he used the Atlas Stone to get that done, however. Many things he says look like as if it's a dev's build. Two full weeks version before even getting to Gold? Nah.

Upon visiting a local supermarket yesterday with my 4 year old (needed a present because she was going to a friends bday party) I got extremely lucky. When we passed the dvd/games section i saw a big popup display with tadaaa, NMS for PS4. And an employee lady was stocking it.
I didn't hestitate a second. I picked a copy, smiled at the lady, and got my ass to the cashier ASAP. My poor daughter was clueless =) (but daddy the present? In a minute baby in a minute).
I pay for the game, and in the second the cashier hands me the game and receipt, a coworker comes over and says these are not to be sold yet... yadayada. Seeing how i already payed for it, had the game and receipt, i kinda felt sorry for the employee about to get bullied by a supervisor, but hey, i payed for it.

I don't buy this story one word of it. Pure bollocks.

He said he held off exploiting the stone in favour of exhausting the available content, which he still managed within 30 hours. I guess you can argue that it's a dev build where faction rep and whatever else was made much easier to grind for, but even so; if it got stamped on a disc then I doubt it's missing any actual content from the final game, dev build or otherwise.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Luis Dias

Game mechanics are content in themselves. Playing Doom with IDDQD or IDKFA is somewhat different than playing without it. I'm not "defending" the game, I'm attacking this idiot, who is clearly lying and profiting from this leak (his videos are monetised for ****s sake).

I look forward for good reviews.

His videos were taken down within a few hours of being put up and then rehosted by a ton of different people, so there's no way he's making any income out of Youtube monetisation here. I am sorry, Luis, I should not have insulted your deeply-held religious beliefs in this thread.

Offline Luis Dias

Regardless of your banter (crazy religious nut that I am, vowing to not even buy the game until it costs way less than the current price tag... put me in that Star Citizen bag of people who spends tens of thousands right away!), I'm confused here. So the guy went to the shop and bought the game out of a mistake... but it cost 2000$? Bah, nevermind, I'm not going to read all that crazy thread - btw I think I saw Dragon in there trying to hype freespace 2, lol.

Regarding monetization. Don't you find it egregious though? Let's leak a game through youtube and vimeo and twitch and wherever I can, and while showcasing all the bugs and issues with the game in a completely assholeish and illegal manner, I'm gonna also monetize from all the attention I'm sure to get.

Be dismissive all you want, I don't like this kind of source. I also despise reviews that come exactly at day 1 with the reviewers having gone through the game for 40 hours straight with little sleep and then at the end better write cogent words with correct grammar! Impossible shenanigans, which have a poor rate of actually getting the game correctly analysed. SO, I'll wait for actual good reviewers to check the game out a week or a couple of them after the game gets out. Honest, calm, incisive and thought out reviews. Then I'll trust someone's judgement.

If that's being religious, then I'm a total fanatic.

Regarding monetization. Don't you find it egregious though? Let's leak a game through youtube and vimeo and twitch and wherever I can, and while showcasing all the bugs and issues with the game in a completely assholeish and illegal manner, I'm gonna also monetize from all the attention I'm sure to get.

I'm not sure where you're getting all this stuff about monetisation, I've seen no mention of it. Given that all his videos have been taken down by strikes from Sony, and that the video hosts are notorious for withdrawing monetisation at the first whiff of trouble from a big rights-holder, I can't believe he made a penny from this, let alone covered the cost he paid for the game. He also bought the leaked copy off ebay, I have no idea where that story you quoted came from.

This is exactly the **** I've seen Star Citizen fans pull, accusing anyone critical of the game of just being a cynical pundit only in it for the multi-dollar profits they stand to get off the YouTube views. It's ridiculous coming from them and it's ridiculous coming from you.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:13:47 am by Phantom Hoover »