Author Topic: Need help with mission soundtracks  (Read 1421 times)

Need help with mission soundtracks
Hi all  :),

I am currently working on my 4th campaign like mission, but I've got a problem: Whenever I use a soundtrack in a mission, it gets interrupted by this Bagpipe music, which is always completely inappropriate..
Only in the first mission I made the soundtrack works as it should, and I don't know what I've done different.
Does anyone know the reason for this?
I've added the 4th mission in this post (it's not finished yet).

Thanks in advance.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Need help with mission soundtracks
In FRED go to the Mission Objectives Editor and tick the Don't Play Completion Sound for those goals.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I hadn't done any objectives for the mission yet. The music plays when directives, and I think once even a normal event gets true. I've made objectives now and ticked the don't play completion sound for those, but it doesn't really matter.  :sigh: I feel like I'm missing something. You can't tick don't play completion sound for directives?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Do you have any ships jumping in mid-mission? They can also have an arrival sound.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Could you tell us exactly (well, as precisely as you can) which events trigger the music? (I can't test the mission on my comp)
Are they enemy/friendly arrival events?

EDIT - ninj'd

Ooh yes, I do have a ship jumping in and out when the bagpipe music starts. Completely forgot about that one! I've turned off all the arrival music now, and it's okay! Thanks!