Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 310402 times)

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Re: What are you working on?
Damn, that looks great. I also misread that as *a* Vasudan Admiral's design and got a bit confused.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Damn, and it's *this close* to being a high-poly SCv Bryn.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Both are great designs, but distinctly different for what they are.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I also see some similarities to the Hedetet design.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
*cut for time*
Now with Black Wolf's blessing I can officially show this. I made shivan cruiser as testbed for PBR shivan textures, than Nightmare proposed... Something better for my experiments.

Damn good job - both in terms of design and execution.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline mr.WHO

It's Vasudan Admiral's design - the same guy who made HTL Hades or the model that later become UEI Kumari. I just provided it with some fancy lights and polygons :]

Will it be in Inferno mod?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Will it be in Inferno mod?

No.

Maybe...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It belong to Twisted Infinities. As Black Wolf is responsible for maintaining TI, it's his call if I can release her or use in other mods.

If he agree, I will also prepare destroyer variant for public usage.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

There's already a number of Shivan ships of which not all made it on screen yet.

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
I have decided to crawl out of my hiatus hole and begin working on A Cold Day in Hell again. I'm experimenting with various things, such as NVG-like effects for nighttime missions, tanks for ground attack/CAS missions and the like.

I've also made a couple of small changes to Operation: Cloak and Dagger (nothing major, just new sounds for the afterburner and some basic Head.ANIs although the art for them is very old)
Do keep in mind that O:CaD was originally supposed to have anime-esque Head.ANIs like it does right now, I simply ran out of time to make them.

The art is kind of old, and I had to animate it by hand because Emofuri kept crashing and Live2D requires intelligence which I do not have.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Good to see A Cold Day in Hell is still being worked on. BTW, to my experience you can improve the look of terrain by adding AO maps (even if they're bad), so that they don't look like plastic anymore.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
From the "Nyx vs Strange ****" - Animal Planet original series...
[coming soon]
It's this. I literally have no idea what the hell I'm doing.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

It's a lovely animal.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
It looks to me like it could be some kind of fighter drop-carrier.  A number of fighters are docked to the underside of the wings.  The ship jumps in, fighters undock and engage, then it jumps out again, or sticks around and provides long-range fire support.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
It looks to me like it could be some kind of fighter drop-carrier.  A number of fighters are docked to the underside of the wings.  The ship jumps in, fighters undock and engage, then it jumps out again, or sticks around and provides long-range fire support.

We need to take out the Arsenal Bird!
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I won't disclose any details regarding this ship as Act I of TI is very likely to happen, but considering it's actual purpose I can say that after your feedback TP, I decided to add a fighterbay. It's likely to appear in similar role you proposed.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam

We need to take out the Arsenal Bird!

Daredevil intensifies

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Lel, Nyx and Rampage are trying to copy Ragingloli!

Lel, Nyx and Rampage are trying to copy Ragingloli!

Lookin' Good!

can't wait to dock with it