Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

Descent: Underground on Kickstarter

<< < (21/23) > >>

rubixcube:
It's looking like this project may be dead. Website is down, and rumor on the steam forums is that little orbit pulled the plug on the project. Hope that isn't true

Will hopefully get an update either way.

Galemp:
If this project is buried--it died a long time ago--they should hand the Descent IP to the Overload team, with apologies.

Mongoose:
That's not their choice to make. The cardboard box that is Interplay still controls Descent as a title.

jr2:
What's the tl;dr on what happened?  Last I knew they were doing some multiplayer mining clan type stuff which, while it wasn't my cup of tea, I guess they figured the players wanted?  What happened?

rubixcube:

--- Quote from: jr2 on June 10, 2019, 08:16:58 pm ---What's the tl;dr on what happened?  Last I knew they were doing some multiplayer mining clan type stuff which, while it wasn't my cup of tea, I guess they figured the players wanted?  What happened?

--- End quote ---

After doing a bit of reading, it seems like they ran through the KS money, so they partnered with Little Orbit. Unfortunately LO have apparently not delivered on the funding+resources they promised, so Descendant is trying to wrestle control back from them so they can release it.

read this for more info: https://www.descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=24545

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version