Author Topic: Dimensional Eclipse Discussion Thread (original release thread)  (Read 153135 times)

Re: RELEASE: 次元のエクリプス - Dimensional Eclipse
love this campaign! :-) enjoyed it very much

just out of curiousity... that's a pretty damn good cover of T.M.Revolution's Invoke you used for the second opening cutscene. where'd you get it? more importantly... where can i download it :-P

what a great campaign, I really enjoyed it thanks a lot for making it!
If I wanted to replay it though what I should I do differently, just ace the quiz?  If so what are the answers :)

Also Im having a big framerate drop when there are a lot of capships (from the war in heaven ships i think), any suggestions on a feature I should disable in launcher that could improve this?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
what a great campaign, I really enjoyed it thanks a lot for making it!
If I wanted to replay it though what I should I do differently, just ace the quiz?  If so what are the answers :)

Also Im having a big framerate drop when there are a lot of capships (from the war in heaven ships i think), any suggestions on a feature I should disable in launcher that could improve this?

Andrew posted all the answers back on page 12. This will unlock an alternate Chapter 2, with the option to unlock a different bonus fighter, by scanning cargo and finding Forks.

I'm not sure on what features to disable, but probably something like...normal maps?

just out of curiousity... that's a pretty damn good cover of T.M.Revolution's Invoke you used for the second opening cutscene. where'd you get it? more importantly... where can i download it :-P

This Album. As for where to get it...  ;7
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline -Norbert-

Actually I found that version of the song pretty atrocious compared to the original from Gundam SEED...

Offline Droid803

Eh, I've heard responses either way. I only really liked the original because of nostalgia value (got sick as **** of it because SEED was like the first anime I watched after rediscovering it, and it was the english dub that used the same 30 second clip of it FOR FIFTY GODDAMN EPISODES, so the twist on it was welcome.

It wasn't part of the initial plans to have a second opening theme, I just happened across it one day and went welp why not.

I will agree that objectively speaking in terms of musical composition the original is better, but I still really can't stand listen to it and it kind of makes me want to PUNCH SOMEONE IN THE FACE every time I hear it because WHO THE HELL thought that using the same clip for 50 episodes was a good idea?!? It's not like there weren't others available, but no, lazy as ****. thus I conclude that DUBS SUCK.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:48:13 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
No doubt has to do with licensing fees for the songs and what not

but I agree with you
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline -Norbert-

Yeah, SEED did have great music, but the majority of openings weren't really among them.... especially the first one left me with nervous twichings if I listened to it too long and don't even get me started on SEED Destiny.
Gundam 00 on the other hand has some really great opening songs (Ashe like snow, daybreaks bell,...) and of course one of my favourite songs "Prototype boy", though that one is played in the closing sequence.

But there is one things about SEEDs translations that is out of the ordinary. Usually the english translation is ... tollerable and the german bad. In SEED it was actually the other way round (though Gundam 00 really hit the jackpot in terms of terrible german synchro... worst one I ever heard). Either way japanese with subtitles FTW.  Untill my nihon-go is good enough to no long need them anyway... though it's already good enough to spot how much nonsense and wrong transations some subs contain.

One opening theme that had me laughing so hard it made my stomach muscles cramp and brought tears to my eyes (literally), was the first opening of the original Gundam series (which I only saw after wing, SEED and 00) FLY! GUNDAMU! :lol:

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
So I was attempting a playthrough (on very easy modo even) but then
http://imagebin.org/212018
The Ishtar just blew the **** up outta nowhere. From 100% to Zero.  :confused:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Hah. Yeah. I knew it. No one was listening to me when I said that the Killers are too powerful.

Well, the Killers obviously do a lot of damage. But they are bad at damaging shields. The Baltraadan bombers instead are armed with shield breakers. Blow them up fast and this part of the mission should be far more easier.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:13:13 pm by Deadly in a Shadow »
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Droid803

Swarmers you mean. Killers can't hurt capships.
I don't know what happened to that mission, but it somehow got *harder* right before release without me having touched any of the ships/weapons/mission itself. I don't know okay.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Even the swarmers can't do this. But there's one thing that can. Flying debris.
They've been a bane of me in a few missions, especially the last one. There must be some way to nerf their collision damage.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You can make armor that's invulnerable to them

Offline Droid803

The Ishtar is immune to debris damage (in that one mission only).
If it didn't it would die when plowing through the first 3 Adamantiums.

Now, fighters dying on collision with debris, I am totally fine with. A wee little fighter smacking into a massive piece of debris at high speed? Why wouldn't it blow up. Don't cite FreeSpace damage calcs w/ gigatons and stuff, because that doesn't apply here!
(´・ω・`)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You could use the debris protection in the last mission. I died from debris collisions with an annoying frequency (due to how Aeskeldian warships are built, it's common to get smacked by the bow section). Not to mention colliding with the ship when it's alive is much less harmful than crashing into it's debris.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Avoid the debris and you won't get hit, pilot !

Seriously Dragon, do you realize you are the ONLY person complaining about THAT many ridiculously minute stuff ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Many people just accept that a campaign may have it's flaws. I'm attempting to help in ironing them out, in a patch or a next release. I may be a bit of a perfectionist, but I'm just noting flaws that I noticed. Getting accidentally killed by debris is not fun and doesn't contribute to the experience, but it's not a game-breaker. It could be easily fixed (takes one SEXP), so why not fix it? Besides, this campaign doesn't have other flaws than such minute stuff.
Besides, you haven't seen complaining if you haven't been on a Polish FS forum. So this might be a national thing. :)

Offline Droid803

TBH I've never actually hit debris in that mission, and its not like I remember where the debris pieces fly so I can avoid them better than anyone else.
I don't think there's any "creator bias" when saying this but I don't see hitting debris as a problem at all.

If I had my way, flying into something "living" at full speed would kill you too... However, the engine doesn't exactly want to cooperate with my ideal model of collision damage. AT ALL.

Only mission where it might be is the capship command one, as, well, your ship is fat and big and its hard to avoid debris.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Maybe I'm just unlucky then. Or my flying style increases my chances of crashing into debris (lots of sliding, almost always in glide and frequently flying backwards).

Offline Droid803

The flying backwards too often would do it. Look where you're going!
(´・ω・`)

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Maybe he lacks situational awareness. :P Well...for me, I don't have any problems with accidentally into debris or capships in DE.