Author Topic: Something everyone can help with  (Read 2176 times)

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Something everyone can help with
There's quite a few new SCP code features that FotG will utilize but which aren't in the nightlies yet (for various reasons), and which we've recently compiled builds with for internal testing. However, something that anyone can help with is making sure that there aren't any bugs affecting existing and/or retail behavior, which is why I've posted the builds to the public test builds forum too.

There's not much other tasks at the moment that the community at large can do to speed up development, so if you feel like helping out and want to perhaps make the inevitable release happen a little bit sooner :D, you can simply use these builds instead of whichever you're using now (whether they're nightlies or 3.7 RC's or 3.6.18) and post here if you find any changes in behavior. The more details you can provide, the better.

There's a few things I think are the most likely areas for possible bugs:

1) Everything relating to controls and keypresses, such as key-pressed and related SEXPs, how working with the binds in the control config screen works and keypress-related scripting hooks.

2) Whether the offscreen indicators work right; that is, the two expanding/contracting arrows at the edge of the screen which indicate where your target is if it's offscreen.

3) Eyepoints and radar blips; whether there's anything funny happening to the orientation of the camera relative to your ship, or to the radar blips relative to the camera orientation. If there's anything wrong there then it ought to be really obvious, so if nothing happens to catch the eye then there's no need to specifically look for it.

Obviously we've tried to test everything reasonably well ourselves, but as we know sometimes things go unnoticed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:39:14 am by zookeeper »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: Something everyone can help with
NOTE: The builds will not work (right) with mods or TC's which use custom builds, such as Diaspora, so don't try to play those with these.
Diaspora doesn't require custom builds since forever and a half.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Diaspora doesn't require custom builds since forever and a half.

Oh? :blah: Ok, removed that note.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I still could have sworn Diaspora released builds in a post-R1 patch that included new code which hasn't made it into trunk yet.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Could've been optimizations and feature tweaks, nothing game-breaking.

Offline Echelon9

I'm pretty sure all code used in released Diaspora builds has made it's way to trunk now.