Author Topic: Important Notice Regarding sparkee_fs2.vp  (Read 4377 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Important Notice Regarding sparkee_fs2.vp
I just realized that there's a problem with sparkee_fs2.vp.  Not only is it confusingly named, it won't work with the FS1 ships... it will be overridden by fsport2_3.vp every time.  So if any of you have downloaded it, you'll have to rename it to something that comes before fsport2_3 in the alphabet.  (I used fsport_hi-res, and that's what is now shown on the download page.)  You don't have to re-download it, just re-name what you have.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 07:46:27 pm by 561 »

Offline JarC

hmmm...not that I doubt you, we might afteral be looking at different versions here, but never having noticed any probs or things that should have been different, I just now took a quick look in both vp files...I honestly do not see where there could be any conflict?

Here's what I have in these files (btw, I did rename sparkee_fs2.vp, but I used the same naming scheme as used in fs2 and renamed it to sparky_hi_fs1.vp which I thought far more fitting :). )

my sparkee_fs2.vp has 31 interface art files in it, all names starting with 2_

among all the files in my fsport2_3.vp there's only 2 !! files in it with names starting with 2_ and both are for files not even present in sparkee_fs2.vp, so according to how fs locates files, there is IMO no problem ???

fsport2_3.vp       29,233,116 bytes
sparkee_fs2.vp   40,177,130 bytes

Different version ???
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 12:30:47 pm by 106 »
Use the WiKi Luke
See You @ WIGGY's

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You must have mixed something up somewhere.  There's already a sparky_hi_fs1.vp which contains the hi-res interface art for weapon loadouts and such.  I'm referring to the high-quality textures that came with the FS1 DVD.  These textures are much more detailed than the original ones, but they won't show up unless the vp is alphabetically before fsport2_3.  So I renamed sparkee_fs2.vp (which is misleading in itself) to fsport_hi-res.vp, which comes before fsport2_3 and is a more accurate name.

Offline JarC

Ah, different versions indeed then, I don't have the DVD version and so also don't have this original sparky_hi_fs1.vp (to be honest, I didn't knew there was one...), I just followed the same scheme as in fs2 and renamed sparkee_fs2.vp to sparky_hi_fs1.vp so unknowingly giving it the same name as this dvd version you speak of...which in my case then would never cause the problem you discovered as I don't have the original....either way...renamed or not...thanks for clearing that up ;)

so...any way for those having the lesser qualtiy fs1 to get the additional hi-rez vp thru legit means without having to buy the dvd? at least as long as there's no major other differences that would make it incompatible with standard fs1...?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 02:55:34 pm by 106 »
Use the WiKi Luke
See You @ WIGGY's

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's on the fsport site.  Check the download page.

Offline JarC

...is that a trout I hear flapping in the distance...? wooops....missed that one;)
Use the WiKi Luke
See You @ WIGGY's

Uh.. When did FS get out on DVD? :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I got my FS1 DVD bundled with my DVD drive.  I'm not sure if there was ever a FS2 DVD.