Author Topic: [FRED]repositioning events  (Read 946 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
[FRED]repositioning events
At times, when I reposition the events in my tree so that they look more organised, I screw up the mission instead.

example:

Event A
Event B
Event C

and I reposition it so that it becomes, for example:

Event B
Event A
Event C

But what happens is, any ships/other events instead stay to the old arrangement (ABC), and events specifically meant to trigger when event A comes true, now trigger when B comes true instead. e.g. a ship that's supposed to arrive after Event A comes true, now only arrives after Event B comes true. Depending on the mission, the ship might end up not appearing at all ("effect") , because the "cause" event (Event B) hasn't been triggered yet.

Was this behaviour intended, or is it a bug of sorts? I admit, my description of the problem might be inaccurate, because I repositioned more than one event in the tree. :nervous:

The FRED build used is 36978 regular (about to move on to 79x in the hopes that it'll fix a bug or two).

I'm willing to live with it unfixed (if it is a bug), since it's only a minor issue... just wanted to bring it up for inquiry. :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: [FRED]repositioning events
Yeah, this has been around since the retail FRED2. I don't know whether it's a bug or something intentional, but it's definitely more annoying than helpful.