Author Topic: MacBook Pro + Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II  (Read 1890 times)

MacBook Pro + Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II
Hi guys,

I am opening myself up to a lot of abuse I am sure.

But I'm trying to play and after starting the first mission I couldn't progress as I don;t have a number pad. I also couldn't get my Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II to work, but I'm not sure if that's because it's not working with my laptop or the game!?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I played BTRL and have been waiting for a while for what i can only describe as the most professional and exciting BSG game ever created and I would love to find out if there is a way I can play it!  :confused:

Cheers
Dave

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Re: MacBook Pro + Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II
You can rebind your keys in the option screen (F2). Patch 1 will offer a new laptop friendly default key setup.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

In the pre-game launcher, you need to click over to the "Basic Settings" tab and select your joystick from the "Joystick" drop down menu. It doesn't auto-detect, apparently (or, if it does, it doesn't do it every time, since I only plug in the joystick when I'm going to be using it for space reasons).

Ok, starting to get there, thanks both, nice to see you both again!

I can't bank with the joystick when I try and change it in config though, or do much with the directions at all, is that normal?

(or, if it does, it doesn't do it every time, since I only plug in the joystick when I'm going to be using it for space reasons).
I've dug my joystick out from a very dusty box for those same space reasons! not used since BTRL...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You might have to set it to be the default controller too. Check the Known Issues thread above.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]