Author Topic: MP crashes when opening options menu on respawn screen  (Read 1686 times)

MP crashes when opening options menu on respawn screen
This has happened to me twice. To recreate, die, then when the respawn menu comes up, press F2 for options. It was an instant CtD for me. I'll try it in  a debug build and post the error log if I can.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Re: MP crashes when opening options menu on respawn screen
This developed into crashing whenever I opened the options menu after startup to enter my PXO information, which then turned out to be an out-of-bounds error with some slider; I deleted my .plr file, which fixed that. Now it crashes when I try to connect to PXO; debug logs and cross-checking with the code reveals this to be because the code that loads the PXO background bitmap is erroring out due to not being able to find it. Indeed, I do not have the file it's trying to access; but it worked fine before, displaying a black screen, so I don't know why it changed.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Did you install the patch?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

No, there still isn't a Linux version.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah, there probably won't be one of 1.0.1 as we'll probably go straight to 1.0.2. That should fix the issue though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Is it likely to fix the random crashes I've been having? M6 is the most glaring but M2 has them too.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
It should fix two known CTD causes, but there are still known memory allocation and leak issues (why the briefing audio cuts out if playing 3+ missions in a row) that are being worked on still that might be contributing to instability.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

I have 8GB of ram on this system and I generally quit between missions so I doubt that's what's causing it.