Author Topic: M6 Something not triggering? (Mission 6 spoilers)  (Read 1299 times)

M6 Something not triggering? (Mission 6 spoilers)
Was having the Mission 6 crashing issue before the patch, not crashing at all post-patch.

Now though, I can't seem to progress in the mission past a certain point. It's never exactly the same time, but it's usually around the time the Sabazius rams one of the Basestars. Sometimes I hear the Sabazius' dialogue for that event, sometimes I don't.

The game doesn't freeze, the mission just seems to stop progressing. The Theseus sits at 15% Hull and never falls below, the Basestars slug it out, their Hull slowly being whittled down. The other two civilian ships (The Prometheus, and the other one whose name escapes me) just sit at 0 speed about 14k away. And I just keep shooting down Raiders (Which start getting into the 20's, i.e. Grail 29) until I get tired of trying. I've let it go for up to about 20 minutes like this, with nothing happening.

Apologies if this problem has already been reported elsewhere. I've seen a handful of references to a bugged event, but haven't found anything specific, so I opted to make a thread for it.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Re: M6 Something not triggering? (Mission 6 spoilers)
There's some guardian events that are supposed to trigger to make the death more cinematic. (so a few more nukes hit the Theseus before it finally goes down) It looks like they're mis-firing. Or I should say the unguardian events are not triggering.

So for some reason the VLS nukes and FTL is down aren't triggering?

What hull amount was the THeseus at during mission start?

Edit- Two possible causes, one is the FTL event not triggering. The other is if the Theseus hits 15% right as the VLS nukes trigger and it misses a de-invulnerable event because of a parsing error when the two events trigger at the same time. Both *should* be fixed in the next patch pending last minute testing because this came up.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:01:30 am by Ace »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock