Author Topic: Problems compiling wxlauncher  (Read 9670 times)

Problems compiling wxlauncher
First of all, thanks for the awesome efforts on Diaspora! I have been looking forward to this for years!

I'm having a problem installing wxlauncher. My system is an AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 with 8GB of RAM. I am running Debian/sid with KDE.

I'm following the README.txt, I compiled fs2_open_3.6.13, and tried to get wxlauncher installed. When I tried to compile wxlauncher, I got the following:

Code: [Select]
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/controls/ModList.cpp.o
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/controls/ModList.cpp: In member function ‘void ModList::readIniFileString(wxFileConfig*, wxString, wxString**)’:
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/controls/ModList.cpp:527:82: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘wchar_t*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/controls/ModList.cpp: In constructor ‘ModInfoDialog::ModInfoDialog(SkinSystem*, ModItem*, wxWindow*)’:
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/controls/ModList.cpp:1169:25: error: operands to ?: have different types ‘wxCStrData’ and ‘const wxString’
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/controls/ModList.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I installed the prereqs from the README, but am I missing a wx package? Here is what I have installed:

ii  libwxbase2.8-0:amd64                   2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxBase library (runtime) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets toolkit
ii  libwxgtk2.8-0:amd64                    2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ runtime)
ii  libwxsvg0:amd64                        2:1.1.8~dfsg0-2                 amd64        SVG library for the wxWidgets toolkit
ii  python-wxgtk2.8                        2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (wxPython binding)
ii  python-wxversion                       2.8.12.1-11                     all          wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (wxPython version selector)

What am I missing?

Thanks,
--vr

Re: Problems compiling wxlauncher
Mods: A thousand apologies, but could you please move this to the tech help forum?

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
You're missing the wxGTK development libraries and debugging symbols. Retrieving the libwxgtk2.8-dev and libwxgtk2.8-dbg packages should also retrieve any missing dependencies.

Hope that helps.

You're missing the wxGTK development libraries and debugging symbols. Retrieving the libwxgtk2.8-dev and libwxgtk2.8-dbg packages should also retrieve any missing dependencies.

Hope that helps.

Thanks jg18. I installed them and ran make clean, cmake -D USE_OPENAL=1 -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -D DEVELOPMENT_MODE=1 ../ and make, and it failed at the same place.

Thanks,
--vr

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
What version of GCC are you using?

Just to check, could you post an updated list of your installed wx packages?

Finally, could you try this patch? Please back up your wxlauncher folder before trying it, such as by typing
cp -r wxlauncher wxlauncher_backup

Place the patch in your wxlauncher directory and apply it from there using
patch -p1 < modlist_tweak.patch

Here's the text of the patch:

diff -r 2d05db76f352 code/controls/ModList.cpp
--- a/code/controls/ModList.cpp Sun Aug 26 19:49:36 2012 -0600
+++ b/code/controls/ModList.cpp Sun Sep 16 12:24:52 2012 -0500
@@ -1166,7 +1166,7 @@
  (item->website != NULL) ?
  wxString::Format(_T("<a href='%s'>%s</a> :: "), item->website->c_str(), _("Website")).c_str():wxEmptyString,
  wxString::Format(_T("<a href='%s'>%s</a>"), (item->forum != NULL) ?
- item->forum->c_str():_("http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=124.0"), _("Forum")).c_str(),
+ item->forum->c_str():wxString(_("http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=124.0")).c_str(), _("Forum")).c_str(),
  (item->bugs != NULL) ?
  wxString::Format(_T(" :: <a href='%s'>%s</a>"), item->bugs->c_str(), _("Bugs")).c_str() : wxEmptyString,
  (item->support != NULL) ?

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

What version of GCC are you using?

# gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.7.1-7) 4.7.1

Just to check, could you post an updated list of your installed wx packages?

Indeed I can:
ii  libwxbase2.8-0:amd64                   2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxBase library (runtime) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets toolkit
ii  libwxbase2.8-dbg:amd64                 2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxBase library (debug) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets toolkit
ii  libwxbase2.8-dev                       2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxBase library (development) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets toolkit
ii  libwxgtk2.8-0:amd64                    2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ runtime)
ii  libwxgtk2.8-dbg:amd64                  2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ debug)
ii  libwxgtk2.8-dev                        2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ development)
ii  libwxsvg0:amd64                        2:1.1.8~dfsg0-2                 amd64        SVG library for the wxWidgets toolkit
ii  python-wxgtk2.8                        2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (wxPython binding)
ii  python-wxversion                       2.8.12.1-11                     all          wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (wxPython version selector)
ii  wx-common                              2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (common support files)
ii  wx2.8-headers                          2.8.12.1-11                     amd64        wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (header files)

Finally, could you try this patch? Please back up your wxlauncher folder before trying it, such as by typing
cp -r wxlauncher wxlauncher_backup

Place the patch in your wxlauncher directory and apply it from there using
patch -p1 < modlist_tweak.patch

Here's the text of the patch:

diff -r 2d05db76f352 code/controls/ModList.cpp
--- a/code/controls/ModList.cpp Sun Aug 26 19:49:36 2012 -0600
+++ b/code/controls/ModList.cpp Sun Sep 16 12:24:52 2012 -0500
@@ -1166,7 +1166,7 @@
  (item->website != NULL) ?
  wxString::Format(_T("<a href='%s'>%s</a> :: "), item->website->c_str(), _("Website")).c_str():wxEmptyString,
  wxString::Format(_T("<a href='%s'>%s</a>"), (item->forum != NULL) ?
- item->forum->c_str():_("http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=124.0"), _("Forum")).c_str(),
+ item->forum->c_str():wxString(_("http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=124.0")).c_str(), _("Forum")).c_str(),
  (item->bugs != NULL) ?
  wxString::Format(_T(" :: <a href='%s'>%s</a>"), item->bugs->c_str(), _("Bugs")).c_str() : wxEmptyString,
  (item->support != NULL) ?

I did this, and got to the following point:

[ 56%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/apis/FlagListManager.cpp.o
[ 59%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp.o
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp: In function ‘bool HelpManager::Initialize()’:
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp:62:5: error: expected id-expression before ‘if’
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp:62:5: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘if’
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp:62:5: error: ‘else’ without a previous ‘if’
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp: In function ‘void HelpManager::OpenHelpById(WindowIDS)’:
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp:96:4: error: expected id-expression before ‘if’
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp:96:4: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘if’
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp:96:4: error: ‘else’ without a previous ‘if’
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp.o] Error 1

I apologize for all the questions, but I'm a sysadmin, not a programmer, and have very little experience with c++ or the wx tools.

Thanks,
--vr

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
The questions aren't a problem, no worries.

What I suspect is happening is that you're using a very new version of GCC that is picky in ways that the compilers we've been using so far (older GCC versions, Visual C++ 2008, Apple's GCC for Xcode 3.2.6) aren't.

Could you try applying this patch as well?

patch -p1 < helpmanager_tweak.patch

diff -r 2d05db76f352 code/apis/HelpManager.cpp
--- a/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp Sun Aug 26 19:49:36 2012 -0600
+++ b/code/apis/HelpManager.cpp Sun Sep 16 13:43:45 2012 -0500
@@ -59,7 +59,7 @@
  if ( file.FileExists() ) {
  controller->AddBook(file, false);
  } else {
- ::wxLogWarning(_T("Unable to find help file %s"), file.GetFullName().c_str());
+ wxLogWarning(_T("Unable to find help file %s"), file.GetFullName().c_str());
  delete controller;
  controller = NULL;
  return false;
@@ -93,7 +93,7 @@
  return;
  }
  }
- ::wxLogInfo(_T(" ID %d does not have more specific help"), id);
+ wxLogInfo(_T(" ID %d does not have more specific help"), id);
 }

void HelpManager::OpenMainHelpPage() {

What I suspect is happening is that you're using a very new version of GCC that is picky in ways that the compilers we've been using so far (older GCC versions, Visual C++ 2008, Apple's GCC for Xcode 3.2.6) aren't.

Okay. That makes sense. I've seen other issues with the newer gcc versions.  Would it be better to use gcc-4.6?

Could you try applying this patch as well?

patch -p1 < helpmanager_tweak.patch

Got almost all the way through, but had what I suspect to be one last failure:

[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/wxLauncherApp.cpp.o
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/wxLauncherApp.cpp:67:1: error: cannot convert ‘const wchar_t*’ to ‘const char*’ in initialization
/data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/code/wxLauncherApp.cpp:67:1: error: cannot convert ‘const wchar_t*’ to ‘const char*’ in initialization
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/wxLauncherApp.cpp.o] Error 1

--vr

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod

Okay. That makes sense. I've seen other issues with the newer gcc versions.  Would it be better to use gcc-4.6?
Probably, yeah. The solution isn't obvious in the case of this last issue, so it'd likely take time to figure out. GCC 4.6 should work, though, since I used Linux Mint 12 (Ubuntu 11.10) for testing, and it uses 4.6.1.

Let me know if using GCC 4.6 works, and thanks for effectively testing with 4.7. :)

Probably, yeah. The solution isn't obvious in the case of this last issue, so it'd likely take time to figure out. GCC 4.6 should work, though, since I used Linux Mint 12 (Ubuntu 11.10) for testing, and it uses 4.6.1.

Let me know if using GCC 4.6 works, and thanks for effectively testing with 4.7. :)

Not a problem. I'm happy to help.

I don't think I'm doing this right. I did

export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.6

and re-ran the make, but it failed in the same place.

When I compiled with g++-4.6, I got the same errors in the same places as with g++-4.7. Which leads me to believe that I am not switching the right compiler.

What compiler should I be changing to 4.6? gcc? g++? something else?

For the record:

$CC --version
gcc-4.6 (Debian 4.6.3-9) 4.6.3

Thanks,
--vr

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
I think you also need this:

export CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.6

EDIT: Although you may need to configure CMake to use GCC 4.6 and then re-run CMake. I'll need to look into it and get back to you. But trying the line above is easy enough to do.

EDIT 2: Based on the information here (under CMAKE_C_COMPILER), try clearing out your wxlauncher build directory (rm -rf * while within the build dir) and then typing

CC=gcc-4.6 CXX=g++-4.6 cmake -D USE_OPENAL=1 -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -D DEVELOPMENT_MODE=1 ../
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:43:37 pm by jg18 »

I think you also need this:

export CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.6

EDIT: Although you may need to configure CMake to use GCC 4.6 and then re-run CMake. I'll need to look into it and get back to you. But trying the line above is easy enough to do.

EDIT 2: Based on the information here (under CMAKE_C_COMPILER), try clearing out your wxlauncher build directory (rm -rf * while within the build dir) and then typing

CC=gcc-4.6 CXX=g++-4.6 cmake -D USE_OPENAL=1 -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -D DEVELOPMENT_MODE=1 ../

Failed at 100% again. I deleted

$ export CC=gcc-4.6; export CXX=g++-4.6; cmake -D USE_OPENAL=1 -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -D DEVELOPMENT_MODE=1 ../
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.6.3
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.6.3
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/g++-4.6
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/g++-4.6 -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc-4.6
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc-4.6 -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Found wxWidgets: TRUE (Required is at least version "2.8.10")
-- Found PythonInterp: /usr/bin/python (found version "2.7.3")
-- Found OpenAL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenal.so 
-- Looking for include file pthread.h
-- Looking for include file pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create
-- Looking for pthread_create - not found.
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE 
-- Found SDL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDLmain.a;/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL.so;-lpthread 
Development mode is set. Building of installers is not allowed.  Set DEVELOPMENT_MODE=OFF to build installers.
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /data/Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/wxlauncher/build

And the output was:

[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/wxLauncherApp.cpp.o
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/wxlauncher.dir/code/wxLauncherApp.cpp.o] Error 1

I shouldn't be building this as root, should I or something else such as this, should I? I mean, you have obviously had successful builds on Linux, so I'm trying to figure out what might be unique in my situation.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
This is maybe a silly question, but are you setting/exporting those ENV vars before the make as well?

i.e.
$ CC=gcc-4.6 CXX=g++-4.6 cmake -D USE_OPENAL=1 -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -D DEVELOPMENT_MODE=1 ../
$ CC=gcc-4.6 CXX=g++-4.6 make

(I *think* export should bring the var into your current shell, but I sometimes get confused about what is or is not a sub-shell...)

EDIT: root should not be required to compile...
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Can you please post the CmakeCache.txt file from the build directory.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

This is maybe a silly question, but are you setting/exporting those ENV vars before the make as well?

Actually I exported the variables, which should theoretically do the same thing:

$ export CC=gcc-4.6; export CXX=g++-4.6; cmake -D USE_OPENAL=1 -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -D DEVELOPMENT_MODE=1 ../

which should carry the environment variables over:

$ echo $CC $CXX
gcc-4.6 g++-4.6

I figure once I get it working, I can unset the variables. Those variables are only available in the shell in which I exported them, the same one I am trying to compile the launcher in. I am wondering, could it be because I'm on kde? I think I have a lot of the Gnome deps installed, because I have many gnome apps installed.

Just out of curiosity, is the wxlauncher necessary? If I got fs2_open_diaspora compiled (it worked with gcc-4.7, btw), is there a shortcut to start it from the command line, perhaps with a flag to point it to the ini file?

--vr

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Strictly?  No, wxLauncher is not required to run FSO on linux (it does have to run once on Windows though).  It does make things much easier however.

You can set your resolution from the commandline with the -res <width>x<height>.  I would highly suggest using the following lighting flags as well:
Code: (Diaspora recommended) [Select]
-ambient_factor 90 -spec_exp 0.7 -spec_tube 1.0 -spec_point 0.7 -spec_static 1.0 -ogl_spec 15 -bloom_intensity 20

All of the flags supported by the engine are available on the wiki.

The issue you appear to be having is related to some part of your system libraries not being compiled with unicode support. Either way, I am still interested in seeing the contents of your CMakeCache.txt file.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Strictly?  No, wxLauncher is not required to run FSO on linux (it does have to run once on Windows though).  It does make things much easier however.

You can set your resolution from the commandline with the -res <width>x<height>.  I would highly suggest using the following lighting flags as well:
Code: (Diaspora recommended) [Select]
-ambient_factor 90 -spec_exp 0.7 -spec_tube 1.0 -spec_point 0.7 -spec_static 1.0 -ogl_spec 15 -bloom_intensity 20

All of the flags supported by the engine are available on the wiki.

The issue you appear to be having is related to some part of your system libraries not being compiled with unicode support. Either way, I am still interested in seeing the contents of your CMakeCache.txt file.

Thanks, Iss Mneur,

I figured this would have been the case, and all things being equal, I would prefer to solve the problem. Toward that end, please find the attached CMakeCache.txt.

Now, how do I go about finding what might not have unicode support? I took a quick look at my system, and it appears that I do have unicode support in general. I also ran a quick perl one-liner:

perl -CS -e 'for($i=160;$i<10000;$i++){print c\n"}', $i%30?" ":"\

I got quite a lot of actual characters, though I did, in fact get a number of white boxes. I don't know if this is germane to the conversation, but I gave it a try.

Thanks,
--vr

Just out of curiosity, does Diaspora_R1_Linux.tar.lzma include the 1.0.2 patch? If not, does that have anything that might help with the issue the launcher?

Thanks,
--vr

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
Just out of curiosity, does Diaspora_R1_Linux.tar.lzma include the 1.0.2 patch? If not, does that have anything that might help with the issue the launcher?

Thanks,
--vr

Nope and nope, sorry.

As for finding out whether your wxWidgets packages were compiled with Unicode support, could you post the output of
ls /usr/lib/ | grep wx
and
ls /usr/local/lib/ | grep wx

For example, here's mine for /usr/lib/ (didn't find anything in /usr/local/lib/):
libwx_baseu-2.8.so
libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0
libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_baseud-2.8.so
libwx_baseud-2.8.so.0
libwx_baseud-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_baseud_net-2.8.so
libwx_baseud_net-2.8.so.0
libwx_baseud_net-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_baseud_xml-2.8.so
libwx_baseud_xml-2.8.so.0
libwx_baseud_xml-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_baseu_net-2.8.so
libwx_baseu_net-2.8.so.0
libwx_baseu_net-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_baseu_xml-2.8.so
libwx_baseu_xml-2.8.so.0
libwx_baseu_xml-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_adv-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_adv-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_adv-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_aui-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_aui-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_aui-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_core-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_core-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_core-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_fl-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_fl-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_fl-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_gizmos-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_gizmos-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_gizmos-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_gizmos_xrc-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_gizmos_xrc-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_gizmos_xrc-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_gl-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_gl-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_gl-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_html-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_html-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_html-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_media-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_media-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_media-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_ogl-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_ogl-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_ogl-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_plot-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_plot-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_plot-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_qa-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_qa-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_qa-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_richtext-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_richtext-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_richtext-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_stc-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_stc-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_stc-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_svg-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_svg-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_svg-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2ud_xrc-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2ud_xrc-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2ud_xrc-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_fl-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_fl-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_fl-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_gizmos-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_gizmos-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_gizmos-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_gizmos_xrc-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_gizmos_xrc-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_gizmos_xrc-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_gl-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_gl-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_gl-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_html-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_html-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_html-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_media-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_media-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_media-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_ogl-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_ogl-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_ogl-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_plot-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_plot-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_plot-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_qa-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_qa-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_qa-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_stc-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_stc-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_stc-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_svg-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_svg-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_svg-2.8.so.0.7.0
libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8.so
libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8.so.0
libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8.so.0.7.0
wx

The 'u' (such as gtk2u) indicates Unicode, and the 'd' (as in gtk2ud) indicates debug.

Thanks, and sorry about the problems you've been having.

EDIT: Could you also paste the output of
find /usr/lib/wx -type f

and output (if any) of
find /usr/local/lib/wx -type f
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:25:02 am by jg18 »