Author Topic: Mac update Dmg not mounting correctly.  (Read 2040 times)

Offline BSG41

Mac update Dmg not mounting correctly.
I recently stumbled on Diaspora as a fan of the re-imagined series  and I have enjoyed playing through the campaign (rather badly on a keyboard) . I have had a problem installing the updates. I download them and I get a message saying that the .dmg file will not mount properly.  The game itself runs well but I'd like to get into the multiplayer if anyone still plays. So, if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I am running on a 2012 MBP.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:25:28 pm by BSG41 »

Offline Echelon9

Re: Mac update Dmg not mounting correctly.
Hello BSG41,
Let me see if I can help you out.

Firstly, where did you download the v1.1 patch from? I've otherwise assumed it is from the thread here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=87289.0

If you are still finding the .dmg won't open could I please get from you:
* OS X release version
* Output of the following from Terminal.app:
Code: [Select]
openssl sha1 <path_to_dmg>

Offline BSG41

Thanks for the response. That is the link i used and for safety's sake I re-downloaded it with the same result. I am running 10.7.5 and the terminal code is as follows
SHA1(/Users/grey97626guy/Downloads/Diaspora_R1_Patch_1.1-1.dmg)= da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709

Offline Echelon9

Hrmm,

Downloading from that location I get a different SHA1 hash. Whilst I'm not at the location to further crosscheck against my original copy of the patch, this is likely the cause of your problems.

Code: [Select]
openssl sha1 Diaspora_R1_Patch_1.1.dmg
SHA1(Diaspora_R1_Patch_1.1.dmg)= 051ae1fb4192c731317922d91233fcd51738a52c

Do you happen to use any download accelerators or managers? Anything that might get in the way and potentially corrupt a download?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Alternatively, with a crappy connection, sometimes using download managers has resulted in an accurate download that would have been corrupted using the browser download (at least, for me: YMMV).

Offline BSG41

Downloaded it though a different browser and it mounted properly. Thanks for help folks.

Offline Echelon9

No worries. Hope you enjoy it.
Shout out if any further issues, the Mac version of the fs2open engine which powers Diaspora could still do with some improvements on that platform.