Author Topic: [WiP] The Nyxvana  (Read 15470 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I wonder what the two front beam cannons could be turned into, once they get the right attention. Right now they're nothing but spikes with a different color, but I still wonder if they could be turned into a true subobject with moving parts, while still preserving their spikey nature.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Just another suggestion, I've noticed a few times when hi-poly redux models are made, the designer includes additional turret submodels that are left out of the tables and no submodel data is included.  That in mind, it has occurred to me that having the upper pair of front claws have turrets available might be useful for campaign designers.  I also seem to remember the Vassago had a central beam cannon as well.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
I like the new Ravana the way it is.  :yes:

I wonder what the two front beam cannons could be turned into, once they get the right attention.

Might be wrong, but I think the spiky beam cannons are supposed to be prism type things- note all the small cables running down the arms, like they focus the energy put into them from all the cables.

If you do decide to change them, How about making the spikes partly transparent? with a laser thing inside?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:39:09 pm by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

I don't know if you want to keeping hearing how good it is, but... it's real good!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I don't know if you want to keeping hearing how good it is, but... it's real good!
I do :]. I feed on positve feedback to have more power to work :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It's megasmashingfantastigood.

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Doubleplusgood for the GTI Thought Police.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Congratulations, Nyx, you've compelled me to re-access my Imgur account and make a meme.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Luis Dias

I do :]. I feed on positve feedback to have more power to work :D

More love to you then! It's gorgeous! :yes:

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
OOOOOOOOOOOH MY!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Luis Dias

My GPU looks upon the Nyxvana's visage and trembles.

"Pollys... so many pollys..." :shaking: :nervous: :p

Meh polys are cheap, don't worry about it.

My GPU looks upon the Nyxvana's visage and trembles.

"Pollys... so many pollys..." :shaking: :nervous: :p

Meh polys are cheap, don't worry about it.

Ok, than hand 0.10 € for every of the Ravanas polys to Nyx pls. :D

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Just another suggestion, I've noticed a few times when hi-poly redux models are made, the designer includes additional turret submodels that are left out of the tables and no submodel data is included.  That in mind, it has occurred to me that having the upper pair of front claws have turrets available might be useful for campaign designers.  I also seem to remember the Vassago had a central beam cannon as well.
It is planned. Upper pair of claws will be destroyable subobjects in standard version, but a simple table edit can turn them into additional turrets.
If you do decide to change them, How about making the spikes partly transparent? with a laser thing inside?
I was thinking about it, but FSO does support partially-transparent materials. It would require separate material to make it happen, but she already uses lots of multiple, individual materials. I'll just keep claw turrets simple. We can't have everything, unfortunately.

Fresh WiP. She is closer to completion then beginning :]
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
"I Don't fancy yours much. She aint exactly pretty  :p
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Errm i need a new change of underwear! That is a work of art. Can only imagine what you could do with the Lucifer to bring it up to this level of detail, don't get me wrong but ships like the lucy and Orion are brilliant but with detailing like this they would even more brilliant!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Errm i need a new change of underwear! That is a work of art. Can only imagine what you could do with the Lucifer to bring it up to this level of detail, don't get me wrong but ships like the lucy and Orion are brilliant but with detailing like this they would even more brilliant!
Orion has pretty much the same level of detailing, both in texture and mesh. I painted it to look close to classic when you're away, but you wil see myriad of details if you get closer :]. New MediaVPs are coming, so soon you will see for yourself :P

Lucifer is pretty old. One of very early HTLs, dating back to 2005. It's still holding up nicely considering it's age, but it's about time for upgrade. As I know Oddgrim, you have nothing to worry about regarding quality of upcoming Nucifer :]

Poor Moloch, the perpetual bridesmaid lol

This MVP update is going to really boost the visual impact of the game by giving the key ships such amazing presence.  What great work in such a short time!

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Poor Argo, never even had an update.  :(
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Poor Argo, never even had an update.  :(
Axem is working on it :]