Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven Screenshots / Wallpaper  (Read 71098 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: BP: War in Heaven Screenshots / Wallpaper
Ok, problem is he said the bow. Maybe the stern looks similar from a side view, but not the bow. And it's definitely not a reskin of the Orion.

Also, utops needs to learn how to phrase a question. Note, this isn't an ad hominem attack; it's something he needs to learn if he's going to continue writing in English.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 07:48:15 pm by Aardwolf »

Offline -Sara-

I like my Orions voluptuous, looking solid. I'm not fond of the idea of having a slim Orion. The shape may look alike in that edited image, but it's not by philosophy: dense, functional design. I like the Solaris the way it is, as the Solaris. :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:30:25 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline utops

• rip: microprose,black isle, troika.
Ok, problem is he said the bow. Maybe the stern looks similar from a side view, but not the bow. And it's definitely not a reskin of the Orion.

Also, utops needs to learn how to phrase a question. Note, this isn't an ad hominem attack; it's something he needs to learn if he's going to continue writing in English.

Ok i know that Solaris foward part is not reskined Orion, but similiarity between those two give me a picture how Orion may be look in Solaris clothes and i think it's awesome and may be used in future campaigns, that is, if somebody or original creator of Solaris like to create this special flavor of Orion.

Also, if you have only a shadow what i want to say in my engrish, that should be fine. Your sugestion what i should or shouldn't is not in place on international message board,where you are not administrator or moderator. However i take this like a motivation for enhance my language skills. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCspzg9-bAg
What if ?

Offline -Sara-

Mod it, make a campaign. :) It's good incentive to learn how to use the required tools. Having a goal always is the way to learn how to use stuff.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
My interpetation of Noemi Laporte. I might model a Ubuntu symbol to replace the necklace.

:bump:

Any progress on this?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline -Sara-

My impression of Lorna Simms.

Going to try to continue this week. Am thinking of a remake for Noemi, right now her face doesn't speak or express a lot. Going to think of what makes Noemi look like Noemi and will base a proper face on that. While she's pretty, this Noemi doesn't bring a "wow, that's just like I'd expect her to look" reaction for me yet. Am however happy with Lorna.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:40:20 pm by -Sara- »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
 :eek2:

That's good. Very good.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Hmmm, there's something weird. I don't really like it. Is it beacause of the lighting setting ? the face ? or just simply the smile or all the three.
So for now, I prefer the first one. :)

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Hmmm, there's something weird. I don't really like it. Is it beacause of the lighting setting ? the face ? or just simply the smile or all the three.
So for now, I prefer the first one. :)

Likewise.

I think it might be the face, there is something odd about it
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
Lorna's face look a bit like a square.  :wtf:. I mean, a very serious, not friendly face.

But, in the meantime, that give her a "powerful taste". That's good, according to her character.  :nod:

Can't wait to see the new Noemi  :yes:
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well that's what I kinda like about it, I've never really thought of Simms as a cuddly character. :P And I think her demeanour suits that image personally.

Offline -Sara-

I tried to give Lorna a touch of 'butch', mostly working off a provided concept art. What I find essential in these character designs is to make the character lifelike and believable. I wanted  to steer away from the cliché 'perfect boobs, butt and dollface' for Lorna Simms. She still needs some tweaks, however. I think I'll make the jaw slightly longer, that should make her somewhat more slender, but will preserve the tough cookie thing she's got going on now.

Here's a newer Noemi. I think she is more expressive than the old Noemi (which in my opinion was too generic, not showing the young rookie Noemi started off as). I tried to contrast her with Lorna, making her far less gruff and more gentle, making it all the more spooky when this little princess goes on a spaceborne killing spree.  :nod: Now I got to find some proper pilot-suit components to put over that protective bodysuit. :mad: Or otherwise make it from scratch. Also squadron patches etc and maybe replace the leather with a more proper fabric such as used in fighter suits.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 08:25:03 pm by -Sara- »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Quite good! Definitely a step up.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yep.

Although that pose is .... strange.

Offline -Sara-

Pose is a generic pose available to show the character in a quite neutral stance, to avoid clipping issues which are ironed out manually when you move limps etc. :)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
i only like men

htrrmmrm... I mean, great work!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:32:54 pm by General Battuta »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Darius

Simms' face has something exotic about it which I like...her features are very Gallic (though, that would be better suited to Laporte :P). Lighting and expression is great.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Is it wrong that I noticed Laporte's hair was breaking a military uniform code before the rest of her body? :P

Teehee.

I agree with Battuta though, definetely a step up. I'd very much like to see her in speed jeans with the relevant badges sewed on when you get to it. Also WRT to replacing the leather, I understand that modern flight suits are manufactured with 90% Nomex or something to that effect to protect the pilot from cockpit fires and the like.

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
Very nice work !  :nod:
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline -Sara-

Is it wrong that I noticed Laporte's hair was breaking a military uniform code before the rest of her body? :P

I have a millimetred military haircut version of her, but it just doesn't fit her. :P