Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82327 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Blue Planet: War In Heaven Part 1 Voice Acting Call - "Minor" roles
# File: bp211s012.ogg
# "You are speaking to Captain Apries of the Pesedjet. The Gef boarding party inflicted damage to our fuel processors. We have multiple cases of radiation exposure and flash burns. Our emergency response teams have been overwhelmed."

How is Apries pronounced? Is it ay-prees?

I'd say so, tentatively.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
It's the Greek name of an Egyptian dude. I, not having the slightest idea on how to pronounce Greek, did ah-PREE-ehs.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

In Greek, his name is written as Απριης, which is pronounced "ah-PREES" in Modern Greek, though Herodotus would tell you it was "ah-PRAY-ees".  Atreus (Ἀτρεύς) is pronounced "ah-TRAYFS" in Modern Greek, or "ah-TRAY-oos" if you asked the man himself.

EDIT:  Corrected pronunciation upon further research.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 03:02:32 am by Astronomiya »

Ah-Tray-oos please :D
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
OP Changelog:
  • Ensign Camerone is now female (again)...
  • "Admiral Robert Byrne" and "Flight Lieutenant Manuel Brie" are now open for auditions.  The current deadline for auditions for these two roles is October 2nd, 2010.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
OP Changelog:
  • Ensign Camerone is now female (again)...
  • "Admiral Robert Byrne" and "Flight Lieutenant Manuel Brie" are now open for auditions.  The current deadline for auditions for these two roles is October 2nd, 2010.

Hrmmm... tempting, tempting... I wonder if I can fake the age.  Since Battuta asked, and all =)  I'll record some lines when I get back from vacation and the wife is at work.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Pr011

• Uh oh
Re: [New Roles Added: Sept 12th] BP2:WiH P1 VA Call - "Minor" roles - 2 Major
N00B question time.

If we were to submit audition lines for a major role (not that I would dare for the above two characters!), I assume that, should the major role be awarded, any lines submitted for a minor part would be automatically omitted to prevent confusion for the player?
Cracking skulls in the name of public service.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It depends. If they sound too similar, we'll obviously have to make a choice (in which case the major role wins), provided we can make a choice.

If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Please submit as many lines as you can for as many roles as you like. It helps us to have choices on each one; if we have six good actors we can spread their submissions out amongst multiple parts.

Are there any lines nobody's taken yet? The unpopular ones that have the least chance to get a good VA?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Are there any lines nobody's taken yet? The unpopular ones that have the least chance to get a good VA?
As noted in the original post, we will not start casting Voice Actors for a "minor" role until September 30th.  This means that none of the roles listed have been actually given to anyone yet.

Thus, we ask that you audition for any role that you like.  We would find it very helpful if you audition for all of the one or two line roles, as it will give us more options.  Either way, audition for any open role that you like.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I know this is going to sound silly, but the pronounciation hint for "Tevs" isn't very helpful.  Do you want it pronounced

T-eh-v (Think the first sound in "everlast") or T-eve (as in "Eve")?  The latter seems to make more logical sense (a phonetically-lazy GTVA) but both variations in the recommended pronounciation have varied and the most recent description is singularly unhelpful.

For that matter, if someone on the team could post an audio clip of it that might be more helpful.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The former, actually. Think of it as rhyming with 'Bev' (as in the diminutive form of Beverly).

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
The former, actually. Think of it as rhyming with 'Bev' (as in the diminutive form of Beverly).

Merci beaucoup.  That's how I pronounced it in my head the whole way through it when I played =)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
1.  Try as I might, I cannot remove the low hiss from my recordings.  It appears to be mic quality/background fans that I can't shut off.

2.  My voice is far too young-sounding for Byrne or Brie =(

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Dropped a small load of auditions to you a few hours ago. I hope you got 'em since my GMail account has been a bit funky lately. :)
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Dropped a small load of auditions to you a few hours ago. I hope you got 'em since my GMail account has been a bit funky lately. :)

Awesome, thanks. You were a great AoA Command.

Tried some of the auditions earlier, partially happy with the results on some of them.  :)

and I'm not a noob, been following this site all the time since I got the retail FS2 several years ago ;) ... even though my post counter says otherwise... :P 
Wild Reapers appeared. Commander Shepard used intimidating eye contact...It´s SUPER EFFECTIVE! Wild Reapers fled the galaxy.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
OP Changelog:
  • Fixed the line counts for Bryne and Brie.
  • "Ensign Enabram Kassim" is now open for auditions.  The current deadline for auditions for this roles is October 10th, 2010.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: [New Roles Added: Sept 19th] BP2:WiH P1 VA Call - "Minor" roles - 2 Major
Hmm...I wasn't really intending on going for any of the major roles (hell, I still have to go for the minor ones), since I don't feel like I have the chops for what they really deserve, but maybe I'll give Kassim a spin for the hell of it.  At least I'd fit his age bracket.