Author Topic: The magnificent New Year's update - Age of Aquarius Edition  (Read 25222 times)

Offline qwadtep

Re: The magnificent New Year's update - Age of Aquarius Edition
Did more testing with the blackscreen bug. Log from A Time for Heroes attached. Problems seem to coincide with vm_forward_interpolate errors.

Also, interestingly, it only happens in first-person view, never third-person.

Still trying to replicate outside of BP.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
@pim: what CXXFLAGS are you compiling FSO with?  There's been one reported case of -O3 causing some issues, so perhaps just try with -O2 and not much else?  (also, DEBUG should force -O0 to make debugging easier, which may be related).
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
So I gave this a shot and this happened. 1st contact mission with the vishnans, 1st part with just the fighters. It's the all in one installer version downloaded today.
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
yeah that happened for me as well, but the next mission uses the same skybox and it was ok on that one.
el hombre vicio...

@EvidenceOfFault:

Did you install subversion with
Code: [Select]
./configure --with-ssl --enable-javahl --with-jdk=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdkor
./configure --with-ssl --enable-javahl --with-jdk=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle

@EvidenceOfFault:

Did you install subversion with
./configure --with-ssl --enable-javahl --with-jdk=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdkor
./configure --with-ssl --enable-javahl --with-jdk=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle

Seems I did neither. I can't remember giving ./configure any java-related parameters, and the logfile seems to support my memory. Eh, what does it need java for anyway?

Offline pim

@pim: what CXXFLAGS are you compiling FSO with?  There's been one reported case of -O3 causing some issues, so perhaps just try with -O2 and not much else?  (also, DEBUG should force -O0 to make debugging easier, which may be related).

Sorry for delayed answer. I was in the mountains.
I used defaults:
CXXFLAGS="-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2"I may try some modifications.

Update:
 No change of beahviour when changed the -O2 to -O0. Also any other changes of compilation flags didn't have any positive effect.
 It is probably not connected but DEBUG build works well till mission "One Future" when it always crashes few seconds after begining with debug message
ASSERTION FAILED: "!(Ship_info[shipp->ship_info_index].flags & SIF_NOT_FLYABLE)" at mission/missionmessage.cpp:1863
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:46:33 am by pim »