Author Topic: available ships  (Read 17590 times)

Oh yes, auto aiming is pretty cool. The interesting thing about it is that it targets subsystems as well! Very useful to destroy turrets on capital ships ;)

Ah very useful for my siege fighters who's primary mission is to take out turrets.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Wolfy

hmm, so those stars are the WCS logo? ooooops

maybe you could make a way of turning auto-targeting off in the Launcher window?
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
maybe you could make a way of turning auto-targeting off in the Launcher window?

no, there will be neither -turn_auto_target_off nor -wcsaga flag in the launcher. We might tie autotargeting function to the difficulty setting though (e.g. no autotargeting at high difficulty levels).
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Meh, it's like cheating . I don't like it :)
True that! Athough....craft like the Bearcat, should you guys go and do WC4 themed missions later, almost needs the auto aim properly.  Loved that fighter (possibly my favourite...always went and got it during the optional missions) but it really needed the auto aim with the guns all the way out on the wings.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, not really the auto aiming, but the bearcat, excalibur and some of the WC2 craft could use the laser convergence thing (did it ever made it into release state). Trying to destroy a turret with weapons mounted under the wing is nearly impossible, because the shoots go left and right of your recyticle (spell ? )

MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline starlord

Hello there, I was just wondering if you would also use kilrathi static defenses in the saga campaign like that asteroid base in WC3 (no, no talk about dreadnaughts this time :p)

Also, what about using a kilrathi shuttle (like the WC4 model): It might be useful for quick strike or even capture operations (something never done in WC3).

Of course you do realise those are only questions and in no way I'm doing you job for you.

Just tell me what you think of this.

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Well, I can tell you....

....wait!, what's that??!!

NOO!!!

.... I have to go, no time to talk. Sorry!

:p
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline starlord

Well that was to the point

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
speaking of available ships: you might find this interesting.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hello there, I was just wondering if you would also use kilrathi static defenses in the saga campaign like that asteroid base in WC3

I think it's safe to say that this already in. I have released pictures about it ages ago. Of course, the model needs some overhaul now, it doesn't even have an UV-map now. However, it was my first model with a build in hangar :)

And there will be many more different suprises in the game later :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:28:21 am by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
And there will be many more different suprises in the game later :)

Yes, I suppose there will be ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Well, not really the auto aiming, but the bearcat, excalibur and some of the WC2 craft could use the laser convergence thing (did it ever made it into release state). Trying to destroy a turret with weapons mounted under the wing is nearly impossible, because the shoots go left and right of your recyticle (spell ? )

Reticle :)

Yeah convergence would be a huge thing for some of these as well.  Otherwise the fire points have to be moved inwards.  Hope that gets sorted in the code.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Well I did mention axis limited converagance  (individual x and z axis).  You can set angle limits for example X:0 Z:15 the gun can swirve left to right by 15 degrees but not up or down.  This would make sieges much better, right now my blackwidow is absolutely worthless i have to aim off to the side to be useful.  :lol:

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline starlord

Wow: great work all of you:

Speaking of Wc4 ships, do you know that some unused models like the black lance carrier are quite attractive too: would be good to see this one somewhere should you continue a WC4 conversion.

I'm also pleased you included the asteroid base, but I was referring to a kilrathi shuttle being used in saga (obviously the WC4 model) for capture missions (were we would disable such a shuttle using leechs to capture high ranking officers) or quick strike (were we would destroy such a shuttle to hamper kilrathi efforts).

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Speaking of Wc4 ships, do you know that some unused models like the black lance carrier are quite attractive too: would be good to see this one somewhere should you continue a WC4 conversion.

I estimate chances of converting it are less than zero.

I'm also pleased you included the asteroid base, but I was referring to a kilrathi shuttle being used in saga (obviously the WC4 model) for capture missions (were we would disable such a shuttle using leechs to capture high ranking officers) or quick strike (were we would destroy such a shuttle to hamper kilrathi efforts).

Ah, that one. Well, uh, yes, an interesting model. :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline starlord

and it could be of use in saga missions too.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
do you have any WC1/2 era ships hanging around, most of my play time as been in this setting and the epee would be a perfect fighter under FS engine with its two chin mounted cannons
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

The only epee I know of is the one I'm doing and that'll be about a month or so till it's done.

Offline starlord

Tolwyn, scooby doo: did you recieve my PM's?