Insane? Ok wow. I tried it once, but it's so hard to hit any ship in insane. The AI is super smart in dogfight and always try to get you from behind, if you fight more than 3 targets at once, was happens quite often it was nearly impossible
But back to this mission. My current approach is:
1. I don't bother with the Oberon, I felt it is impossible anyway.
2. I try to estimate the jump point from the first bomber wave, which is pretty hard in this damn fog.
3. I try to destroy the bombers itself afap, because bothering with the bombs results in much worse results.
4. I try to estimate the jump point of the second bomber wave, wich is even harder, because I loose so quick orientation and because you can't really see the Aquitaine the direct way is often blocked.
5. I try to target the Moloch beam canons, but at this time the Aquitaine is already below 50%
So maybe I should try to swap step 4 and 5, im not sure. But it is not even enough time between fighting the first bomber wave and the arrival of the second one and the Moloch to get in the proper position.
I use a Myrmidon because it has 3 primary guns (3x Subach) and I load for secondary weaponry 2x Tempest und 1x Hornet. I try to fire 1 salve of Hornet and then switching to Tempest. I think this is the quickest way to get rid of the bombers.
I found also this is one of the last missions where you haven't Prometheus S which would also help in my opinion. And this second bomber wave are Nephilim class with this damn 1.600 shield points.
The main problem is anyway, that normally bombers are deployed about 3-4 clicks from the target away. This bombers are deployed abuot 1-1,5 clicks away and they are damn fast and the afterburner velocity is much greater then the afterburner velocity from my space superiority fighter. I mean WTF!
P.S. @Novachen Do you commentate your run? Can I watch it somewhere?
I JUST DID IT. Well I think you also need a little bit luck
Also also equipped my allied ships with EMPs. The downside is, I couldn't destroyed the Tiamat, but well at least I got the medal