Author Topic: Do I get a Xbox 360 or a PS3?  (Read 4323 times)

Re: Do I get a Xbox 360 or a PS3?
As for a tv, picture quality is something I do prefer over size, although I would like to get something at least 20 inches. The 360 is also sounding more appealing right now although if that what I go with I will wait a couple more months for the 65nm processor, which is due this fall (seen that on G4 which is one of my preview channels this month). If I go with a 360 I could probably find a PS2 for 50 dollars somewhere for my PS1 and PS2 games. Right now I'm thinking if I go with a PS3 and Blu-Ray loses I will be pretty much screwed as that is the format for the games. I would of done this research myself, but for the past two weeks my connection has been at 26 kbps. I have also found out any connection under that is as useless as not connecting at all as websites won't load at those speeds.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
In a proper setup the subwoofer is supposed to sit somewhere else and for good taste it really shouldn't be cranked enough to make the whole room vibrate at the slightest sound.  Thats just bad sound balancing.

The 37in Sharps are pretty nice TV's from what I've seen.

Very small vibrations during massive explosions, that's it I swear!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I'm also of the opinion that the subwoofer is there to enhance low frequency response...not blow it out of proportion so you feel every low frequency sound two rooms away.  But thats just me and my focus on quality and balance of sound.  Everyone can enjoy their sound systems as they like :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
I once was waiting in an intersection, and a car that was equipped with a sub so big, you could see an air distortion around it.  As he took off ahead of me, my service engine light came on for a few seconds.  No joke.

The best quality subs (Athena, for instance) don't shake or shatter even at high volume.  Too bad they cost so damn much though :blah:.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Topgun

if you get an x360 you still have money to get a wii. that's 2 for the price of one ps3. sounds simple to me.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
It's also another thing to point out that a whole bunch of developers for the ps3 have already switched camps from ps to x360 and wii because not many people are buying the ps3. That's one of the reasons resident evil 5 is going to be out on the x360. After that, it's another reason why several new games being released on x360 and wii are also released on ps2 still because people are still buying ps2's and not many people are buying ps3's.

I'd get a 360 for sure. In the meantime, the wii is cool as ****, and if you do want to just get that for some odd reason, you won't be disappointed. New cool stuff like resident evil 4 wii edition came out and that is really cool when i tried it. R4 in true widescreen, slightly better graphics, and you do get to aim your guns with the wiimote.

I was thinking about getting a 360 about 6 months ago, but i said no. I remembered that one time i got a gamecube for my bday and how it came with the kickass rogue squadron game for it. But, i only touched the gamecube 3 times, a year later i sold it. I'm just a pure pc gamer at heart. Given that the 360 is a windows based machine also, you could probably run fs2 scp on it. But, microsoft is a ***** when it comes to people playing homebrew games on their consoles. The bigger picture is yes if i got a 360 no fs2 for me on it. I would actually touch a 360 if i got one, but, naaah, i'm a computer gamer. And i don't particularly care for many console games ported to computers either (except for lego star wars 2). The cool thing is when people port computer games to consoles. FEAR, halflife, doom, UT, etc on consoles is great (basically i'm talking about those really good proven computer games getting ported to console). PC games generally have more depth to them, and definitely more control and modifying than console games in the least.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I think I saw an RE4 preview on the Wii when I was out earlier. Shop owner fiddling with the remote while he was looking around at passers-by. I didn't get a close look.

For my case, I'd get an X360. More games that I figure I would play are on that console. No point getting a PS3 just to play Wangan Midnight which doesn't even have an English version, besides it'll just end up being connected to a small TV with a weakling mono speaker...

That, or stick with computers, since I find it silly to buy a $600++ (exchange rate: Local $1.53 : USD $1) console when I only want to play a select few titles. :doubt:

My two cents if no one minds. :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Davros

You have a pc why do you need a console ?

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
Some people like variety.  It's not exactly easy to emulate an X360 on a PC, and 3rd person shooters and platformers have no business on PCs anyway.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

I do like variety. I love playing games on pc, but I like alot of the console exclusives and some games play better on console than on pc. Alot of the games I have are on both pc and console, I got the versions of those games that played better.