Author Topic: Blue Planet on Hard  (Read 8281 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Bomber squadrons? Didn't the Temeraire's torpedoes do the job?

Offline eliex

The Temeraire's torpedoes do most of the damage, but the reinforcement bomber wing Delta as well as the Sanctuary wing Beta can be used to deal heavy blows against the Ravana.

Yeah i could have let the torpedoes take care of it.. but i was at had 5% armor left and i didnt feel like waiting an extra 2 minutes while the torpedoes chipped away at the Abel. Might as well let the bombers get some work in.

Offline Kolgena

Really? I managed to beat this on my second try on Hard. I probably got super lucky though, and I did take a Herc II with dual trebbs.

I did however get stuck on the next time you see a bunch of shivan cap ships and need to disarm beams though.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Preserving the Balance? Or Keepers of Hell?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
:wtf:

I thought we're talking about Forced Entry.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Come on, my friend. Read the darn thread.

Really? I managed to beat this on my second try on Hard. I probably got super lucky though, and I did take a Herc II with dual trebbs.

I did however get stuck on the next time you see a bunch of shivan cap ships and need to disarm beams though.

Preserving the Balance? Or Keepers of Hell?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

Overlooked that bit... :lol:

I believe it's Preserving the Balance. Keepers of Hell is still quite a number of missions away.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Agreed, but I had to ask, since Preserving the Balance isn't that hard...

the trickiest thing is to take out the beams then quickly run back to the temraire and start killing the bombers and intercepting the bombs. in fact, dont even tell your wingmen to follow you. just have them defend the temraire. You can take out both beams within seconds.

Offline eliex

The enemy fighters in PoB are so easy that after destroying the beams, got only 5 enemy kills at the maximum, on Hard difficulty.  :(

Offline Kolgena

I got stuck for unknown reasons unrelated to how I played the mission.

What happened was that after everything died, no Ancient ships showed up after the new shivan destroyers jump in. Then I fail the mission >.>

After I enabled cheats after getting frustrated, I magically passed the level.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
wut

That's really bizarre. Looking at FRED, the new Shivan destroyers should jump in when you've taken out both all the existing Shivan destroyers and all the fighters/bombers. After that, the arrival of the Vishnan ships should be inevitable.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Are you running 3.6.10 RC3? Have you used that pilot file for multiple mods?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Kolgena

I did use the pilot for multiple mods, which is why I never really tried to get the issue solved. I assumed it was unique to me because I was stupid enough not to use separate pilots. And no, I think I was running RC2 at the time. Another oddity is that there is no fail mission debrief for that level.

Mind you, I did have a "wtf" moment when my wingman said "WE'RE ALL DOOMED" and the mission failed on me. I thought to myself that that couldn't possibly have been the end of the campaign, and I was relieved that I was right.

Meh. I'm on a new machine now, and if I ever feel like replaying BP, I know what to do ;)

i just noticed how impossible it is for me to bomb things in this mod... with the new shockwaves, my previous tactics of getting in real close and letting loose my twin nuggets of doom don't work cuz the shockwaves kill me.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Don't get too close, shockwaves have become a serious problem. I also used to get very, very close to the target (a few meters) before firing torpedoes.

Firing torpedoes also serves to divert the enemy's attention from you. If you're under attack and fire torpedoes on your target, the enemy will likely fire on the torpedoes and ignore you (unless priority SEXPs have been used).
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I find that on hard I have plenty of time to get away from 50m. Energy management and tapping "Q" like a mother****er...
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline eliex

An entire fully shielded Shivan bomber wing (excluding Seraphims) can be ripped apart by shockwaves from their own bombs. This is caused by Harpooning one set of bombs when first fired, resulting in other bombs detonating destroying entire wings.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Which is realistic. It also add more tactics to the game... :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]