Author Topic: WoD broken mission  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Regent

WoD broken mission
The mission where Dawn takes the beam bomber against the Hertak Armageddon to save the Alligator seems to be broken. I had played the previous mission and accidentally friendly-fired and destroyed the Alligator, just after the Nordera ship exploded. As the screen faded to white dialogue regarding the Hertak ship entering came up, and the mission ended. The next mission, all units are gone, the player isn't in control of anything, but the background and the node is still there. Dialogue still takes place as if everything is normal, and directives ordering the destruction of the frontal beam cannons appear.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Ha, I experienced that. It'll be wise to...well. Replace the mission with another mission, in your data folder to get past that bugged mission. I'm assuming you've completed the campaign more than once...

...you risk restarting the entire campaign from scratch if you haven't...

Well, that's how I went about it.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Hmm, that's a tricky one. And an other clear case of Red-alert not working correctly...

The only solution I can offer you is this: http://www.mediafire.com/?ozz3p5e02wb8gec
Put Acore.vp in your Wings of Dawn folder, if all works well the mission should now start with a briefing and since this is a red-alert string there should be a "replay previous mission" button in the briefing screen. Unfortunately I cannot test this solution myself so I cannot guarantee it will definitly work (In theory it should)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Regent

That worked perfectly. Thanks.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
That worked perfectly. Thanks.
Great (:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
WoD missions worked flawlessly for me, it's amazing all that cutscene-fade- semi control - AI control - player control, etc stuff works so well!
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
WoD missions worked flawlessly for me, it's amazing all that cutscene-fade- semi control - AI control - player control, etc stuff works so well!

That's pretty standard fare for handling in-mission cutscenes. The really brilliant stuff about WoD missions lies elsewhere.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, the brilliance lies in the quicktime events. :yes: