Author Topic: [WIP] LSF Knight  (Read 6408 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
lol super cockship

inb4 the thing about how it can **** entire star systems

Ah, you mean that excession line I keep throwing around?

Ulver laughed. 'It looks,' she snorted, 'like a dildo!'
'That's appropriate,' Churt lyne said. 'Armed, it can **** solar systems.'

Next thing you need are blob turrets that shoot supository-shaped projectiles. :P

In all seriousness though these ships look awesome.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Lookin' pweety.

Though, kill those unneeded faces, they're taking up pollies that can be used for things that go pew, boom, and kaboom!

So how many turrets you think will be outfitted on this?
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Axem

It should really be noted that two of the three ships in those pics are by Spoon, not Andrew...

Offline Flak

The hulls looks a bit too smooth, so I'd expect many of the guns are not added yet. Definitely look much better when the paintwork is done.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter

I removed some of the edge loops (I work with edge loops because I have a primal fear of n-gons), and flatten out the top a bit and in the progress of it, made the details a lot more obvious. Flat top ships  because I really don't want to play with uvec and fvec :p. I'm trying to figure out a good shape for the cannon to be on the outside, but It's not really going well. I'm open to suggestions as to how to shape it.

isn't the crusader in that cathegory?

Also, will we get to witness that cordi battleship mentionned in WoD 1?

At least in my mind, the Crusader is more akin to a battlecruiser rather than a battleship, since it's still a fair margin smaller than both the Guardian Angel and the Champion. That said, the Knight will likely have much of the same kind of armament as the Crusader, but in greater numbers, though none of the broadside facing anticapital beams though since, for as far as I can tell, that's something that came after WoD1. I also thought of adding VLS systems to it, but then I realized that the Challenger is the largest ships

After finishing this, I'm probably going to make the LSF Dragonfly, or remake the Guardian Angel so it's less brick and more like the other LSF ships (probably should tackle a remake of the Skirmisher too while I'm at it then. :p). As for the Cordi battleship, I might take a shot at that. We'll see.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I think it definitely needs to be a bit bigger. 1300-1200m would be just right for it.
As for guns, make them similar to ones on Crusader.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
I think it definitely needs to be a bit bigger. 1300-1200m would be just right for it.
As for guns, make them similar to ones on Crusader.

It's going to be no larger than a little over 1,000 meters long. The size difference between carriers and battleships shouldn't be all that great. Speaking of the Knight:

The Knight is just fresh out of the oven. Thankfully the oven is much nicer to Knights than the beams of an Armageddon. Next part for me is to texture and then to finally...rig it. Texturing is going to be a pain, since LSF ships are not of the style I usually do. I'll figure something out.

* AndrewofDoom goes to sift through the WoD files he has.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
That's what I call a Beam-cannon. If there's another Magical Girl in WoD 2, she should make use of that ship for the DIVINE BUSTAAA!
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
Now I've been texturing it. This was a little tricky to get right, since all the LSF textures are UV maps or really bad maps for large scale stuff. So, I ended up having to create my own from scratch.

And to compare to the other LSF ships that Spoon has made.

The Champion's texture is weird in Silo, though. Must have been a bad import or bad export from Blender, because it looks fine in game. Some things I note myself would be I should probably make the lines of the modular plates a bit thicker. Mind you the texture is far from a finished product though. =p
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline Snail

• SC 5
We need Mikuru Misuzu beams.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
yare yare
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
hey wheres the iris beam door
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Hmm, something tells me that the four 'fins' could be used in a v-angle instead of...well...so close together. Probably'll be too much of a pain, but hell...that's a really nice skin. Keep it up, man.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
We need Mikuru Misuzu beams.

All beam cannon of this size are pink by order of Nanoha Takamachi.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
There's still tons of unnecessary polygons on the back part, but good work on the mesh and texture.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL