Author Topic: Wing Commander Saga Turns Two Years Old  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Wing Commander Saga Turns Two Years Old
For more than 10 years people are being fascinated by the mythos of Wing Commander. Wing Commander games are more than just an entertainment; they are the force that binds us as a strong community together; the common link that touches humanity of all of us. And that is why we love Wing Commander.

And so it comes that exactly two years ago I have started the project entitled Wing Commander Freespace Total Conversion. In these two years the project has grown and evolved and now under the name of Wing Commander Saga it is close to completion.

In order to celebrate our 2nd anniversary I have created a wallpaper, which shows the entire TCS Kennedy flight group.  At this point I would like to thank our faithful fans and especially Wing Commander Saga core team for working so hard that I finally stopped worrying ;)

Enjoy!

Wing Commander Saga Wallpaper
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Happy birthday ;)

I like the wallpaper. That's sad because I don't use wallpapers :(
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

happy birthday!

I never played wing commander, but this mod looks like itll be lots of fun, so would this game be understandable by someone like me?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
it is a game... a good one hopefully :D

Generally you will have fun without any background knowledge, but I believe that this  website  will give you a very good overview about the world of Wing Commander :D

Here is also the info I wrote for our website.

The computer game which supplies the background world in which Wing Commander Saga is set is the all-time bestseller. We believe that familiarity with either one of the games (Wing Commander 1-4) or one of the novels (preferably End Run, Fleet Action, The Heart of the Tiger, The Prive of Freedom, False Colors) will intensify enjoyment of the Awakening of the Claw.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

hmm... i have wing commander III, but sadly, never got a chance to play it as it no longer works on my computer.

definately gonna play this though...
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
you can still run it on your computer... using dosbox for example

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Super congrats, dude, longevity like this is a great asset. The important thing is to keep moving. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Setekh
Super congrats, dude, longevity like this is a great asset. The important thing is to keep moving. :)

deadline is this year ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Originally posted by Tolwyn

deadline is this year ;)

Whom do I have to kill to be allowed to download this? ;)

Looking forward to this! I enjoyed WCIII, IV, Prophecy, and Secret Ops, and loved Freespace and Freespace 2. This one sounds (and looks!) even better . . .
Respectfully yours,
DDM_Reaper20

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
hmm... the admiral perhaps? :hopping: :mad2: :ick:

-WC Saga's beta tester

Nah, better not. :)

Just wanted to add, I've admired the screenshots. Beautiful! Guess what I'm going to drool over once it's released. My fiancée is going to scream, heh heh. ;)

Thanks in advance for the great work!
Respectfully yours,
DDM_Reaper20